US: Car Hire, insurances and waivers?

Caporegime
OP
Do you know about the Luxury fleet with the quote for Budget?

I'd rather eat my own arm than have to spend a fortnight in a Marquis or a QV! Shame the 300C isn't the more common of the premium fleet.

Last edited:
Associate
Unfortunately I cant confirm anything with Budget, however they only seem to have the Mercury Grand Marquis and the 300's as examples for their Premium Fleet.

Edit: we can always pass your car request on to Dollar and they will try and accommodate

Man of Honour
Nobody is going to have any Grand Marquis left on fleet. They are just quoting from a traditional list of examples.

I would use Alamo, you select the car and they have a full to full fuel policy which is best.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Crown vic - cop car. Get a white one with a roof rack and watch every body slow down when you enter their peripheral sight :D

Man of Honour
Though to me it would seem a bit pointless? Alamo/National seem to be a better rental agency than Budget anyway and give you the ability to hand pick your own car. Therefore why bother with Budget and a 'customer request' that may or may not be honoured?

Associate
Sorry to thread hijack paradigm, but in need of some very similar advice!

I'm flying in October to Sanford International, holiday was all booked as a package with Thomson over a year ago now, but couldn't book car hire then. They're coming in majorly expensive compared to normal quotes, over £100 more expensive.

Now, being cautious, Is it worth paying the £100 at least more to have everything protected in case of flight delays etc, or is car hire fairly flexible if there are problems?

Man of Honour
Car hire is nice and flexible. Don't worry. Book it through the recommended places in this thread and make sure you have travel insurance.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24443046 said:
Though to me it would seem a bit pointless? Alamo/National seem to be a better rental agency than Budget anyway and give you the ability to hand pick your own car. Therefore why bother with Budget and a 'customer request' that may or may not be honoured?

I kind of agree, although it depends entirely on if the price is comparable.

Well Dollar are offering the cheaper car here the Lincoln Towncar (not Budget) is the example on your quote and you can choose your car with them when you collect.

Adding a client request is no fuss or muss to the supplier :)

Associate
Sorry to thread hijack paradigm, but in need of some very similar advice!

I'm flying in October to Sanford International, holiday was all booked as a package with Thomson over a year ago now, but couldn't book car hire then. They're coming in majorly expensive compared to normal quotes, over £100 more expensive.

Now, being cautious, Is it worth paying the £100 at least more to have everything protected in case of flight delays etc, or is car hire fairly flexible if there are problems?

Send me an email in trust and I will have a look at what we can offer to you

Back
Top Bottom