*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Nobody expected brand new games every month. Free indie games is fine with me.

Exactly this, wait until the PS4 builds a respectable back catalogue and then the free full games will come. Until then im more than fine with indie games and cut down full games. Some of the best PS Plus games ive ever got were random indie games I had never heard of. Retrograde, Machinarium etc etc. FUN!

If 40 games are released in the first year for PS4, it makes no sense to give 12 of them away free to probably >50% of their user base. That's a serious dent to sales. Once the games have dropped in price then Plus users will get them, just look at Plus as it is at the minute, all the free games are silly cheap to buy already, its not like they are giving away brand new AAA titles constantly.

Edit - Also am I right in thinking that they will still be continuing to release free Vita games with the new Plus?

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: The size comparison between fat PS3 and XboxOne in the first pic doesn't seem to correspond to the dimensions in the 2nd pic

That's because the first one is to scale and the second one is not but has accurate measurements. In case you are in any doubt here is the two consoles dimensions put on top of each other in multiple views:

SKqLfdO.jpg

Caporegime
Just found this....so could be indie games that will be free not main titles.

I posted an interview on the previous page which nobody seems to have bothered listening to, the first month is the PS+ version of Drive Club as well as three of the indie games mentioned on stage during the PS4 reveal. This list was updated last in May and shows every game offered through the PS+ service in the EU thus far:

Code:
Coconut Dodge Revitalised
Rayman Origins
Demon Souls
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD collection
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Velocity Ultra HD
Sine Mora
Malicious
Catherine
Hitman Absolution
Thomas Was Alone
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
The Cave
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Okami HD
Puddle
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Joe Danger
Dead or Alive 5
Mass Effect 3
God of War 1 HD
Lumines Electronic Symphony
WipEout 2048
Quantum Conundrum
F1 Race Stars
Sleeping Dogs
Pinball Arcade
Jet Set Radio
Mortal Kombat
Guardians of Middle Earth
Bioshock 2
Knytt Underground
Big Sky Infinity
Batman: Arkham City
Vanquish
Limbo
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Chronovolt
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Crysis 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Cubixx HD
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Bulletstorm
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Starhawk Campaign Mode
Super Stardust Portable
Double Dragon
Machinarium
Scott Pilgrim vs The World The Game
Red Dead Redemption
Retro/Grade!
Dead Space 2
Borderlands
Just Cause 2
Rock of Ages
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Outland
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
Motorstorm Acopoplyse
Infamous 2
Little Big Planet 2
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Chime Super Deluxe
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Awesomenauts
Hamsterball
Wakeboarding
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Sky Fighter
Ricochet
Mushroom Wars
Magic Orbz
Smash Cars
Silent Hill
Max Payne
Velocity
LA Gridlock
Shift 2: Unleashed
Shank 2
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims
Golf Mania
Trine 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD
Jet Rider
Farm Frenzy 2
The Impossible Game
Far Cry 2
The Simpsons
Final Fantasy V
Hungry Giraffe
Farm Frenzy 2
Arc the Lad
Back to the Future: The Game, Episodes 1 to 5
Voodoo Dice
Rally Cross
TrailBlazer
Stick Man Rescue

http://www.ps3blog.net/2012/12/17/playstation-plus-complete-games-list-for-us-eu/

There are many AAA games on there and if you want to draw your own conclusions as to what the PS+ service will be like on the Playstation 4 based on the very first months worth of offerings then so be it. History shows that they don't give away half a game and history shows the service is incredible value for money. I haven't seen or heard anything that suggests this will suddenly come to a halt. Coupled with the fact that it costs less than £4 a month for a years worth of access, and also the fact that the PS4 offers additional features on top of the free games, such as sharing clips, recording the last 30 seconds of footage, the ability to jump into and out of a friends game/ take over if they're stuck and finally parties and party chat, I'd say it's very, very good value for money.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Edit - Also am I right in thinking that they will still be continuing to release free Vita games with the new Plus?

Yes also it will cover the ps3.

A little reminder we all said the same about the games for the vita with + and within the first few months we got two full price games in uncharted & gravity daze :)

Soldato
I will be getting one, not sure if I can afford it at launch but hoping I can. Fancy a Wii U if it gets a decent price cut also. Honestly it's the xbox one I'm not sure about. Current gen I've owned all 3 at some point and both the hand helds. Other than Forza nothing else they showed I wanted. I just don't know :/

Caporegime
I did and thank you.

I'd recommend it to others also, Worth a listen :)

Dont worry sexy, I listened to it. Listened to it HARD. :)

Edit - Just to prove it, his favorite colour is orange.

:D

I only mentioned it because people are putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 when if they just listened to the interview most of the questions being mulled over here have already been definitively answered.

Associate
Lol.

As it stands at the moment I'm totally undecided. What about you?

At the moment I can see me getting the PS4. It's cheaper and Sony's exclusives are usually pretty good.

It would be something to use my Vita with too.

Plus for anything like Final Fantasy or Metal gear I would feel dirty playing it on an Xbox.

As far as the free games each month. Id be happy enough if it was 1 a year as long as it was something like Super Wagon Adventure.

Caporegime
maybe been posted before?

why do we just put up with the price difference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22868787
I was surprised that even the head of GI mentioned that yesterday as part of the GT bonus round.

I know exchange rates have changed quite a bit, but I noticed that the launch price of the XO was the same as the PS3 at launch for us (£429) but the US dollar price was $599 for the PS3 and $499 for the XO. Thats quite a bit of disparity even once you add back the knowns (tax, shipping etc)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom