Getting iOS7 onto my iphone :)

Soldato
OP
Do you fool proof instruction or a link?

Hating this IOS7, wanna go back to 6.

You just need to put it in recovery mode and connect it back up to itunes.

You get to recovery by turning it off then holding home and power until the apple sign comes on the screen and then let go of the power button, I think thats right but maybe google it.

then itunes sees it as needing recovery and dowloads the latest version of iOS for it which in the official case is 6.1.4

Soldato
You just need to put it in recovery mode and connect it back up to itunes.

You get to recovery by turning it off then holding home and power until the apple sign comes on the screen and then let go of the power button, I think thats right but maybe google it.

then itunes sees it as needing recovery and dowloads the latest version of iOS for it which in the official case is 6.1.4

I've found - from powered off - press and hold home and power button, apple logo will display, let go of power button just after the screen goes black.

Soldato
I explored the interface and while things such as the settings pull up are great features, it's way too girly for my liking. It looks like Zynga or King designed it.

Soldato
Trying it now, I like the new font and some of the visual changes but I preferred the old look, it feels like an android skin at the moment. I've had plenty of crashes in 3rd party apps but also messaging, mail, safari and even the torch option (using iPhone 5) so will be moving back to iOS 6 soon as the stability issues are a real pain. Skype also crashes immediately and I use that a lot.

Performance seems decent enough, seems to struggle a touch picking up gestures but guessing that is just software tweaks.

Overall I don't mind it but there's nothing in there that's really breaking new ground.

Soldato
OP
Trying it now, I like the new font and some of the visual changes but I preferred the old look, it feels like an android skin at the moment. I've had plenty of crashes in 3rd party apps but also messaging, mail, safari and even the torch option (using iPhone 5) so will be moving back to iOS 6 soon as the stability issues are a real pain. Skype also crashes immediately and I use that a lot.

Performance seems decent enough, seems to struggle a touch picking up gestures but guessing that is just software tweaks.

Overall I don't mind it but there's nothing in there that's really breaking new ground.

Thats interesting, not had a single crash here?

Soldato
Yeah, has been pretty bad for me. Tried hard restart and a full restore but still the same. The Skype crash is very common apparently but I seem to have had a bad run with the rest.

Associate
All my crashes seem to be centered around the the Phone app (Unlcoked 4S on O2 with visual voicemail). Luckily I don't do much actual phoning on my.... errr, phone :)

Battery life is now excellent, I get a proper full day's use, so much so that I've ditched my Mophie juice case thing. Nice to have a sliver of a phone in the pocket again!

Soldato
Ok been using it for a couple of days now and I'm really warming to the new look. The "you've just logged in to Game Centre" notification bar is really, really obnoxious though. They need to sort that out.

Associate
Any help?
I installed it on mine but the first few screens are about setting up the wifi, which after doing it calls home and tells me it cannot continue as the phone is not a dev phone. How are people getting around this?

Soldato
OP
Any help?
I installed it on mine but the first few screens are about setting up the wifi, which after doing it calls home and tells me it cannot continue as the phone is not a dev phone. How are people getting around this?

you need to put your phone into restore mode, connect it up to itunes, let it restore it to 6.1.4 then when it gets to the hello screen in iOS 6 hold shift and click on restore in itunes, it'll let you select a file to restore, select the iOS7 ISPW and it'll restore pre activated.

There are guides online and on youtube if you need to watch it to make sense of that.

Associate
I followed a guide this morning.
It said to restore into the latest version. I did that, ran though the wizard to get to the home screen. I then did the shift restore install of iOS7.
Ill try a youtube video later.

Soldato
OP
I followed a guide this morning.
It said to restore into the latest version. I did that, ran though the wizard to get to the home screen. I then did the shift restore install of iOS7.
Ill try a youtube video later.

yeah don't go through the wizard, you need iOS6 at the hello, bonjour etc etc screen. Don't activate iOS6 and that does the trick for some reason.

Soldato
OP
Ive got a copy of IOS7 but in instructions its come with.. After install if advises going to website below for payment to activate it... Is this dodgy? Or is it what you non devs have done?

http://www.incredibili.net/iOS7

Basically they'll be charging you to add your UDID to their developer account.

Maybe.. or just taking your money and running. Either way it's unnecessary.

Basically they'll be charging you to add your UDID to their developer account.

Maybe.. or just taking your money and running. Either way it's unnecessary.

So I've just got another one that is saying I need to add my UDID to there site. http://udidactivation.com/

Can I just plow on the ispw and it work as a phone? Or would i not have any signal?

Alternatively, if this is again a dodgy one.. can someone trust me a link to download from please.

Back
Top Bottom