• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 launches June 25

Associate
I'm confused !

To begin with there was GTX 770 and GTX 760 Ti.
Then both GTX 760 and GTX 760 Ti were mentioned.
But now is GTX 760 actually the originally called GTX 760 Ti or what ? or do we get GTX 760 and GTX 760 Ti ?
....my head hurts...

Soldato
I'm confused !

To begin with there was GTX 770 and GTX 760 Ti.
Then both GTX 760 and GTX 760 Ti were mentioned.
But now is GTX 760 actually the originally called GTX 760 Ti or what ? or do we get GTX 760 and GTX 760 Ti ?
....my head hurts...

Basically, when Nvidia needed a card between the 560 and the 570 instead of just calling it the 565 they resurrected the Ti moniker from the GF4 series and made the 560Ti, then when they released the 600 series they added another x60Ti. However now with the 700 series they appear to be seeing sense and dropping the Ti appendix, so it would seem:

780: new card > 680 performance
770: rebadged 680 with overclock and GPU boost 2
760: rebadged 670 with overclock and GPU boost 2

Caporegime
I felt like that my whole life,.but now that he's here he's a joy to be with. I wouldn't change a thing. My wife hates gaming, but I will make sure he becomes one. He's always on my PC using the mouse. I will mold him to a gamer weather she likes it or not:D

What happened to your Titan? Just seen your bench in the valley thread.

Associate
yeah confused the hell out of me too

I have a 6870 and was thinking of upgrading but not sure what's the best value option
and I'm even more unsure now

Can someone just put them in order of performance please?

Permabanned
I got my son to sleep and installed GPU's. SLI and drivers 320.18 working so far.

Not really a bench man, but will do a heaven and see what temps are like.

EDIT. To card got to 74c and bottom was 63c. not bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Retro, is it wise to run those drivers? Though various people were having issues with their cards dieing.

It's 'dying' and it's not really various. There's a very, very small amount of people whose card has died while this driver was installed and in all likelihood caused by the driver. But still the numbers affected are tiny.

Caporegime
Galaxy-GeForce-GTX-760-GC-2GB-1.png

Meet the Galaxy GeForce GTX 760 GC.

The card you are looking at is a solid copy of Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC, which is definitely surprising. The black PCB is probably the only visual difference between the GTX 660 Ti and GTX 760.

Unfortunately the actual specs remain unknown, so I will just assume that the card is actually using the same configuration as the GTX 670 (as suggested by multiple sources over the past few days). However, the number of CUDA cores is still an open question. That’s due to the fact that the card will make use of a new GPU model (GK104-225), but we don’t know whether it’s going to be less equipped than GK104-325 from GTX 670, or not.

The Galaxy GTX 760 GC is featuring 2GB GDDR5 memory across 256-bit interface. There is a place for additional memory modules, so the card could also arrive in 3GB variants, but because of a wider memory bus (256 vs 192-bit) that might not be so easy to make. Card features a custom 2 fan cooling solution with a cleaning mode support. Since this is a non-reference model, it requires a pair of 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors. The GTX 760 GC is equipped with four display outputs: two DVIs, one HDMI and DisplayPort.

The GeForce GTX 760 might be launched between 25th and 27th June. We found few listings of overclocked models for a price similar to GTX 670 (~€300), which only proves that we might be looking at the same card only with a new name.

http://videocardz.com/42971/exclusive-galaxy-geforce-gtx-760-gc-pictured

300 Euros is a fair bit over the original $250 that was being touted...

Back
Top Bottom