The ex, identity theft and fraud.

Man of Honour
OP
Think I'm appreciated!
IMAG6372_1_zpsb71308c6.jpg

And thanks for all the positive comments too.

Associate
I've just sat and read this thread experiencing the full range of emotions along the way.

You're clearly a great bloke and a fantastic example to others.

Glad it is working out for you

Soldato
Wow, I remeber seeing this a few months ago when it all kicked off. Massively pleased for you that your kids now have a stable home to thrive in, and massive kudos to you for being such a great dad - hope you had a really great father's day with them!

Associate
hats of to you man you really are father of the year. the things you've done, and by the sounds of it you have high morals the way you described your son not wanting to stay with you due to not getting his own way. stern but fair! i like it :)

hope everything gets sorted out.. i do beleive kids do need their mothers despite how horrible they may be, shes the kids mum and they look at things different.

drugs can turn people and lead them down a downhill path. the enviroment you fall into doesnt help either with generally bums all around you spuring you on. what she has done is bang out, and totally unforgivable but for the sake of your children i really hope she pulls herself together and gets her life sorted out so her kids can atleast have a life with her rather than visiting her in prison

Man of Honour
OP
Thought I Would give this an update.

Still a long haul ahead but the kids are improving no end. Youngest started nursery in September and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the nursery nativity at the church on Friday. He was hit hard and it's going to take time but he's come out of his shell and he's coming on leaps and bounds. He is still quite reserved but like the older one's it's insecurity from what happened when he lived with his mum. Waking on a night and finding your alone in the house except for your siblings or even as happened at one point waking and walking out into the street alone to be found by a neighbour is going to take a long time to get over.

My oldest boy is lined up for a transfer to another school, another town to get him away from all the trouble his mum caused. He's an intelligent lad with a good shot at getting good grades, I did want to move him earlier in the year but did not want to force it on him as he has had so much forced on him recently. I waited and then the time was right, I did not even have to ask him if he would go with moving schools, he asked me. Says he wants to just get away from the bad memories in his previous school which is hard with kids who know his mum reminding him constantly.

Oldest daughter got very good AS results and started to apply to universities, she's not been affected like the younger 3 but it's hard to be a mum and dad to her, she totally point blank even refuses to talk to her mum. We are best of friends though and I'm so proud of her, three offers from universities in less than a week, she will do well.

Youngest daughter is doing great, her school work had started to suffer when she was with her mum. Since she has been with me her results just keep getting better.

The ex just continues on a downward spiral, a couple of weeks back she nearly got a pine over-coat for her trouble. She had been drinking with some guy she met and they had a tiff, he threw her out and she collapsed. A woman walking her dog at 1-15am found her passed out at the side of the road and called an ambulance. Lucky for her as she had to be revived twice in the ambulance on the way to hospital. I found out about this because there was a meeting with social workers and a friend of mine who is in the police was also present the next day.

The ex had gotten her mum to phone and say she could not attend the meeting because she had a water infection, the police officer already had the information from the police who attended the hospital when she had been picked up in the street so the water infection lie was shot down pretty quickly. The other reason there was a police officer at the meeting was to inform the ex that she would not be allowed to see the children until she stopped seeing the guy who she had been seeing, the same one who had thrown her out in the street in the condition the night before. The genius had been seeing someone not allowed near children and also someone who had no regard for anyone demonstrated by the way he kicked her out in the state she was in.

The only fear I have from the ex now is that I may have to explain to my kids one day she has died, don't know how I will get through that one if it comes up.

I do most weeks have my youngest asking me if is mum is in heaven yet because she so seldom sees them. It is regularly four and five weeks before she sees them and its not easy getting through it. It is however becoming easier over time, the youngest will ask and then shrug his shoulders and change the subject for the most part. I have three very nervous younger children, scared of being left alone for even a minute. That includes my oldest son who is a strapping lad, 14 at the beginning of October and just nudging the 6ft mark atm. One night just last week I moved a bottle in the kitchen, put it down on one of the sides with a little bump. He came racing downstairs and into the kitchen looking like he had seen a ghost. I asked him what was wrong, he told me plain and simple, he was scared I had gone out and the bang he had heard was the door.

With Christmas just around the corner I'm getting things together to give them all a really nice time. They had a lousy one last year, got up at their mum's to nothing in the way of anything festive and the first taste of Christmas they got was late afternoon when they came to me. This year I am doing my very best to give them a day to remember.

It's not easy being a single dad and the muscular dystrophy makes a lot of things so much more complicated but I think I have it nailed and I'll just keep going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom