*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
Pictures to follow, but our "Apple Empire" is now....

iPod Touch 3rd Generation 32GB
iPad 2 32GB Wifi

Mid 2010 13" Macbook Pro 7.1, P8800 2.66GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD

2011 Mac Mini, i7 2.7GHZ, Radeon GFX, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, External MBAir Superdrive - The lounge media centre and general mess around box

Apple TV2 - Bedroom HTPC Replacement

Wifi round the house and storage+backup - Apple Time Capsule 3TB (4th Gen)
Sound in the kitchen and wifi Extension- Apple Airport Express (2nd Gen)

Pretty impressive considering just a 18 months ago my Apple journey started with a second hand first gen Intel Mac Mini 1.6Ghz !

Time flies and all that.

Considering upgrading the MBP to a MBA son, and the Mac Mini will get an SSD and the RAM maxed out to prolong its life a bit more.

Bedroom ATV got upgraded to an ATV3 to push out 1080p to the new TV in there.

Airport Express has been swapped out for an Airport Extreme. In the new house that connects to the ADSL modem in the hall, and then this is wifi connected to the time capsule in the lounge, where the mac mini is cabled into it.

Both mine and my wifes phone contracts are up in the next few months, so I can see them both being swapped out to the new iPhone once it is announced.

Can't believe just how much happier I am using the apple stuff. I smash my face against my monitor all day long at work on Windows, and at home, its just fantastic.

Associate
Loving the keyboard/trackpad dock, did you order that from Henge direct?

I ordered it from Amazon mate £24.95 :)

How does that trackpad / keyboard combo work for you?

Really good. I wasn't too sure of the trackpad at first but now its been set up how I like it and I've used it for a week or so I'm really pleased I went for the trackpad. I use the mini in the lounge so having a mouse would have been a bit of a pain to use sat on the sofa where as the trackpad is much easier especially in the henge dock :)

Superdrive has also turned up. Now for the ram and SSD.

Soldato
A fool and his money...

Interesting post is interesting.

My Mac stuff has been 100% dependable. It has always 'just worked' to coin the popular phrase. Android and Windows stuff has always been a faf I've found, and when I've spent a 10 hour day in the office, I don't really want to come home and find things that should just work have decided to be annoying.

Having all Apple stuff means integration is fantastic, and everything works together in harmony. Buying new kit is a doddle as you just carry on where you left off.

Compared to budget tat, Apple is expensive, compared to equal quality, its a about the same, and usually with strong resale value.

Soldato
The chaps summed it up for me as well. Also I've had the wired one for a long time. I haven't gotten the blue tooth one yet. if I do, I'll be getting the trackpad and hengedock at the same time.

Also not mentioned, is that the wired keyboard also has two USB slots on it, which come in quite handy.

Permabanned
Interesting post is interesting.

My Mac stuff has been 100% dependable. It has always 'just worked' to coin the popular phrase. Android and Windows stuff has always been a faf I've found, and when I've spent a 10 hour day in the office, I don't really want to come home and find things that should just work have decided to be annoying.

Having all Apple stuff means integration is fantastic, and everything works together in harmony. Buying new kit is a doddle as you just carry on where you left off.

Compared to budget tat, Apple is expensive, compared to equal quality, its a about the same, and usually with strong resale value.

Must be luck, the macs at college always crashed. As for the rest of what you said..you couldn't make me puke harder if you tried.

Soldato
Must be luck, the macs at college always crashed. As for the rest of what you said..you couldn't make me puke harder if you tried.

g036a0ad3.png

Caporegime

I have never, ever, had a problem with my MacBook Pro in terms of crashes. Never. I've not had a single problem on any of my Apple devices either.

Your college IT department must have just not been very good.

Soldato

I found our school Mac's to be slow when having to deal with the rest of the network, and can crash from that. But normally, they have no problem with crashes at all. The IT department said it was to do with using Windows servers. (or more like ancient rubbish..)

Nothing there was worthy of 'puke'. I find it's a lot worse with those who worship Razer gear or try to justify why they still want an Xbox One.

Soldato

Been a while since we had an anti-Apple troll in here.

I support them for a living. I've seen a kernel panic twice - once on my old MBP after installing a mobile broadband dongle in 2007 - it was the third party driver. The other one was an old iMac G5 at work with a faulty memory module.

Move along now.

Soldato
I have a Time Capsule behind the black monitor and a few other bits and pieces in the drawer, but this is the general set up.

I've ordered a bracket to mount the black monitor on the wall, should give me a bit a space back.

4qWmhr9l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom