The Last Of Us

Soldato
Slight exaggeration maybe? :D

No, this first 10 minutes was quite simply the best made opening to anything zombie related I've ever seen. It was epic in scale and horror and was deeply affecting.

After that the game gets a bit worse though and never returns to the level of zombie horror that you see in the first 10 minutes which sucks! I do prefer tomb raider tbh.

Soldato
I think my main problem with this game and in fact any sort of stealth game is that I would much rather kick the **** out of things in a very loud, guns blazing, axe wielding way, I've always found stealth games very frustrating as I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

That said, I'm enjoying the game so far although I've played very little.

yeah that might be my issue I hate having the bullets but not being able to use them because it causes an auto gameover walking dead fps style

Caporegime
I think there are similarities between this and Tomb Raider but I think the crux of it boils down to the Last of Us being a stealth game with action aspects and Tomb Raider being a action game with stealth aspects.

Soldato
I think my main problem with this game and in fact any sort of stealth game is that I would much rather kick the **** out of things in a very loud, guns blazing, axe wielding way, I've always found stealth games very frustrating as I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

That said, I'm enjoying the game so far although I've played very little.

I agree as im stealthing I can feel the frustration build and I have to supress the urge to go in guns blazing etc, too much stealth imo

Caporegime
Loving the stealth myself, been such a long time since Ive played a proper stealth game - only 20% through and taking my time. This and dishonoured have made my year...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I got quite scared playing this last night must be about nearly half way threw and Im at the bit with the lift , dont want to ruin for anyone but there was a area near here that scared the **** out of me!

Associate
last of us load times

first off loving the last of us , but got fed up of lengthy load times so i got the digital version. and im loving the game even more now.

check out my comparison video
http://youtu.be/I6wfYnYCJQI

p.s how intense was the prologue , i was hooked after that .

Soldato
Yeah the load times are terrible for the disk, I guess they are now at a stage when the blu ray is full of data rather than duplicating data like they did in the past to reduce loading, wonder why it never came with an install option considering the load times.

Enjoying the game, the character development between Joel and Ellie is first class but the actual gameplay I am not sure how this game got so many top marks, the AI is pretty weak, the shooting mechanics are like uncharted 1 and it is very much rinse and repeat, think I am about near the end and really can't see me wanting to replay this one.

Soldato
The only thing that irks me is the limited ammo storage, its such a scarce commodity, you would make the space for extras you might find, especially in a zombie apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom