iphone 5 21k contacts

Soldato
don't debt collection and cold calling companies use mobiles these days because no one ever picks up hidden numbers or land lines they don't recognise.

Only reason i can see to need contacts of that many.

Soldato
OP
Yes, I agree so many contacts is ridiculous, but when you work for a big company with a turn over in hundreds of million, 'No' and 'cant happen' doesn’t compute with these people.

They expect you to do the impossible. In fact there is no such thing as impossible. You need to make it possible!

Oh and as a side note, you need to do the impossible in half the time that the impossible will take!

---

I've had in the past an episode where the MD had entered password in Blackberry wrong 9 times and then handed the phone to me to sort out. Under no circumstances was I to allow the phone to wipe it's self... but of course with one shot at getting the password right, I was in trouble.

I could do nothing with the handset. I was forced to contact Rim directly to see if there was any way round this limitation, in the end obvious answer was no, but MD was not having it. Nothing could be done, he wasn’t a happy bunny!

I do believe the MD is in the top 100 or so richest people in the UK, so he is used to getting what he wants when he wants it.

Impossible is just a matter of cash....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Put them in Exchange/AD and use the search on the phone.

As for Exchange/AD this is what I ended up doing becuase the phone refused to synch so many contacts.

However our Exchange/AD is actually running on zimbra, so I had to upload the contacts in to zimbra via csv files.... which was a very manual process!

Last edited:
Associate
I've had in the past an episode where the MD had entered password in Blackberry wrong 9 times and then handed the phone to me to sort out. Under no circumstances was I to allow the phone to wipe it's self... but of course with one shot at getting the password right, I was in trouble.

I could do nothing with the handset. I was forced to contact Rim directly to see if there was any way round this limitation, in the end obvious answer was no, but MD was not having it. Nothing could be done, he wasn’t a happy bunny!

I do believe the MD is in the top 100 or so richest people in the UK, so he is used to getting what he wants when he wants it.

Have him fire the guy who set up the Blackberry for him in the first place and who never advised on back up procedures! Everyone forgets their password every now and again. You wouldn't have been put in such a difficult possible if his handset was backed up before.

Soldato
Yes, I agree so many contacts is ridiculous, but when you work for a big company with a turn over in hundreds of million, 'No' and 'cant happen' doesn’t compute with these people.

They expect you to do the impossible. In fact there is no such thing as impossible. You need to make it possible!

Oh and as a side note, you need to do the impossible in half the time that the impossible will take!

---

I seem to remember or we use to be able to reset passwords on the blackberry via the BES server they were attached to, this would have got round the issue.

Back
Top Bottom