Ladies' automatic watches

Soldato
Hi all,

Not been around for a while as I think a spate of highly-strung conservatism from a minority of members put me off. I daresay it's still about, but largely I trust the members of this forum to have good humour and opinions so I'd like to ask the ones who like watches about some watches:

I have girl-wrists, I currently wear a Tissot quartz PR50, and have a 1956 Omega Ladymatic (455 movement, like this one) that I keep snaffled away for special occasions (I really ought to get it out more often and at least give it a turn and a shake).

Anyway I'm after a new watch which is somewhere between the two, and an automatic. I fancied a Seamaster until I found all the smaller ones that would suit my wrist are quartz, not that I could really afford the price of the larger chronos anyway.

So I'm torn between a couple, firstly - this pretty little thing - who has heard of Uhren von UHR? http://www.uhr.info/products/en/Three-Hand-watches-from-UHR/UHR-205.html - it seems to have the movement that most ladies' automatics have. Any experiences?

Secondly as a less surprising substitute for a Seamaster would be the almost amusingly named (especially when also looking at SeaMasters) HydroConquest! But it's handsome and relatively cheap for a nice automatic: http://www.austenjewellers.co.uk/product/ladies-longines-automatic-hydroconquest-watch-1 - bases on an L595 movement which is apparently a modified ETA 2000-1. Any thoughts?

Also any other suggestions?

Edit/ It turns out there are only two of the UHR-205 left! Argh!

Last edited:
Associate
I really ought to get it out more often and at least give it a turn and a shake

Sorry? What? Careful you don't get arrested doing things like that.

[edit] serious response... of the two it would have to be the Longines but then the price points are very different. The Longines is gorgeous although I don't generally like divers with numbers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mmm. I would love to be able to be so picky - the number of nice watches of a style I like and of a size befitting my wrist that are automatic is relatively very small.

I have seen several forum posts whose participants will actively say that they wouldn't bother getting an automatic for a woman - quartz all the way - bizarre...

Associate
What size is your wrist? Mine is around 7.5" which is fine for watch sizes (excluding crown) of up to 42mm maybe even 44mm at a push.

Also worth looking at are Seiko and Citizen who have ladies' ranges. For something a little different / more expensive have a look at Deep Blue who I'm sure have some smaller pieces - I have a real thing about their lume.

Soldato
OP
My wrist is just over 6", maybe 6.1-6.2" 44mm would be massive!

Thanks, will look at Deep Blue - not too convinced trying to navigate the Seiko and Citizen websites (hard to find any mechanical automatics), plus I want something a little more exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom