Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
My back brake (hydraulic disc) has lost all feel. I can still pedal with it fully pressed down and the lever is far to easy to press and gives no tension.

Is this likely to be buggered pads or a need to re-bleeding the brake? It's a basic Shimano brake if that helps.

Soldato
Sounds more like a fluid issue rather than pads.

Did it happen suddenly or has it been slowly getting worse over time?
If it happened quickly (a couple of days or less) then you've probably got a leak.
If it has slowly been getting worse, bleeding might fix it.

Gav

Gav

Associate
my new toy :)

1025909_10151457843926711_1594719504_o.jpg

Soldato
Can anyone recommend some decent instructional videos?

I need to work on pulling up my front wheel before it sticks in a hole and flings me over the handlebars. :S

Soldato
They've had the bike since Wednesday last week and all I've had in that time is a single email from them (after I chased them up) to say it was getting looked at on monday.

I've remained civil and calm but 7 days and not even as much as an apology so far is taking the p**s.

Is it unreasonable to expect an update within 7 days of receiving the frame?

Man of Honour
They've had the bike since Wednesday last week and all I've had in that time is a single email from them (after I chased them up) to say it was getting looked at on monday.

I've remained civil and calm but 7 days and not even as much as an apology so far is taking the p**s.

Is it unreasonable to expect an update within 7 days of receiving the frame?

Of course you should have heard something by now, call them and politely ask what the hell they are doing? And if you don't get a satisfactory response go ape!

Soldato
email winging it's way to on-one.

Basically asking what is going on, what are they going to do about it, and if unsatisfactory responses (i.e lack of them) and time-scales continue, I will pursue a full refund and take my business elsewhere.

Soldato
email winging it's way to on-one.

Basically asking what is going on, what are they going to do about it, and if unsatisfactory responses (i.e lack of them) and time-scales continue, I will pursue a full refund and take my business elsewhere.

emails sit in an inbox until someone checks it.. a ringing phone gets answered straight away..

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom