Hayfever - Thread

Associate
No hayfever symptoms as of yet for me (grass pollen sufferer). However, that could be down to my daily dose of 40mg Cetirizine. :p

Caporegime
I see a couple of people at least are taking multiple meds at the same time - Is this advisable? I assumed that the 1 per day limit on antihistamines applied to all of them, not just each brand?

I don't over dose on specific ingredients. I also found that Loratadine didn't play nice with any other drugs or alcohol.

I don't combine the 2 tablets as a routine. I take a 1 day Cetirazine and then add a Benadryl (the 8 hour ones, not the 1 a day ones) if I feel my symptoms getting too much.

Associate
People at work think that my eye strain could be caused by my hayfever, my manager even bought me a nasal spray!

Had a runny nose a few days prior to using it, right now I seem okay, eye strain and headaches persist though. :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
FML

Every single colleague and all the kids were saying, "You should take some medicine!"

No ****, really????? IT'S NOT HELPING!

Bought some eye drops and nasal spray to go with the antihistamines. I hate spring.

Soldato
Zirtek. I have tried all kinds of antihistamine tablets... but I just so happen to find the most expensive one to be the most effective, even though they all contain the same 10 mg of cetirizine hydrochloride :rolleyes:

I should add that I don't suffer from hayfever though - I suffer from hives. Antihistamine tabs help prevent and get rid of these stupid rashes that I get.

can you explain?

in the winter when it gets too hot via central heating i tend to get a heat rash of some kind but ive never done anything about it. i just take an AH tablet and im ok. they tend to itch and be on my arms. are these hives?

i also get hayfever but every year it seems to be less of a pain. 1 generic AH usually sorts me out. i buy mine from tesco or asda for £1 a pack and they contain the same things as the expensive ones and seem just as effective

Associate
I don't over dose on specific ingredients. I also found that Loratadine didn't play nice with any other drugs or alcohol.

I don't combine the 2 tablets as a routine. I take a 1 day Cetirazine and then add a Benadryl (the 8 hour ones, not the 1 a day ones) if I feel my symptoms getting too much.

Ok, I might have to try this myself when my symptoms get really bad.

By the way - if you're still buying lots of tablets from supermarkets - take a look at this: http://www.chemist-4-u.com/Cetirizi...-Tablets-P.html?source=webgains&siteid=124925

69p for 30!

Soldato
FML

Every single colleague and all the kids were saying, "You should take some medicine!"

No ****, really????? IT'S NOT HELPING!

Bought some eye drops and nasal spray to go with the antihistamines. I hate spring.

This. I get sick of it every year, take this, take that, go to the doctors.

Is it not clear to them that the medicine doesn't help at all?! I wouldn't be a mess if it did hah.

Soldato
Not so bad today, but past few days have been bad. I have a stock of one-a-day tablets that help massively though. Take em later in the day and I can sleep better at night.

Thing is, if pollen is basically plant sperm, have we all got an STD?

Associate
My hayfever kicks in with grass pollen which will affect me later on in the season. When I go abroad my hayfever does not affect me which I find quite strange.

Caporegime
Ok guys n girls, who's got the Hayfever kicking in? Not as bad as it can get but I'm already sneezing and the itching of eyes. I'm sure it's to do with the grass cutters, as I can walk through fields of yellow without a single problem :o

My personal hayfever hell started on Monday morning. Made it extra nice to be back at work ;)

Man of Honour
Had it a month or so ago, it's calmed right back down since then though.
Can't be much tree pollen around ATM, that's what affects me the worse. A little lull before the grass pollen kicks in.

Last edited:
Soldato
This week has been the first time it's really started kicking in, I am usually a April - June sufferer but due to the late winter it's now bang in Summer.

Unprepared at the beginning of the week but now I have tablets for keeping it all at bay, syrup for at night (soothes the throat and drowsy), nasal spray to stop the itching and the eyes well I just have to stop myself from scratching all day long.

I just hate the fact you walk around sounding and looking like a glue sniffer/smack addict all the time. Makes me feel well fugly

Caporegime
Same here for me, the crap weather we had kept it at bay and I thought I might get to skip this year for suffering.

This week has been the first time it's really started kicking in, I am usually a April - June sufferer but due to the late winter it's now bang in Summer.

Wasn't that bad for me until today, but now it's awful. Nose won't stop, eyes are itching, off to boots at lunch for some medicine me thinks.

Soldato
In Asda yesterday I got:

Pirinase nasal spray £4
Piriton syrup £3
Loratadine 10mg x 14 £1
2 large boxes of tissues £2.38

All the meds for less than a prescription from a Doctors. Boots will be double that price I reckon EEEK !!

Soldato
Same here for me, the crap weather we had kept it at bay and I thought I might get to skip this year for suffering.

Wasn't that bad for me until today, but now it's awful. Nose won't stop, eyes are itching, off to boots at lunch for some medicine me thinks.

Had to take a tablet this morning, its rather hot and clammy in the office and I feel like I have been building a sneeze up for an hour. :o

Back
Top Bottom