Russell Brand reduces NBC reporters to nervous wrecks live on morning TV

Associate
I often refer to someone who maybe in the same room as me as "he" or "she" rather than saying their name. It is not impolite, if everyone knows who you are talking about, it is just quicker.

The way they are doing it is definitely impolite, they're having a conversation about him as though he's not there. It's not instantly rude to refer to someone as he or she but the way they're doing it definitely is.

Caporegime
The way they are doing it is definitely impolite, they're having a conversation about him as though he's not there. It's not instantly rude to refer to someone as he or she but the way they're doing it definitely is.

Maybe they were returning the favour for when he just interrupted the guy who was asking him a question and started talking randomly about all the people on computers in the background....

Associate
I often refer to someone who maybe in the same room as me as "he" or "she" rather than saying their name. It is not impolite, if everyone knows who you are talking about, it is just quicker.
Errr yes it is rude.

The man is a breath of fresh air. People should his book before criticising <3

Soldato
Just watched it, was a pretty funny few minutes.:D I like brand, he's an intelligent and amusing individual and managed to give hardcore news anchors the jitters.

That british woman was really dismissive, rude and shallow.

Caporegime
The whole talking about people while they are there does seem to be a very American thing. The guy was very weak trying to chuck in a dig about the way he was dressed, pretending he couldn't understand his accent on the radio etc.. This along with the main anchor starting off the whole thing pretending she didn't know who he was then joking about mental illness and later getting his name wrong... I'm not surprised he started off the whole thing very aloof and proceeded to just disrupt the thing and rip them to shreds.

I don't always like all his stuff but these presenters were weak and vastly underestimated him - he's a heck of a lot smarter and wittier than the three of them combined. He can come on that show dressed like that because he actually has the charisma and confidence to pull it off. Taking pot shots at a professional comedian isn't a good move in general - if they'd actually just asked him about his tour instead of attempting to take digs at him/mock him they wouldn't have come across looking quite so stupid.

Soldato
I'm sorry but no every time he's doing a routine it's mostly vulgar nonsense that has very little substance or reason to it other than Shock factor and because he's got a "Well Spoken" voice it's made to sound intelligent but actually isn't in private he may well be an intelligent individual but form what I've seen of his public performances he comes across as a complete tool!

He's not well spoken, he's from Grays.

He is genuinely intelligent and quick witted. He spends plenty of time being obnoxious but he's not always.

Soldato
Not knowing his name and saying they can't understand what he says on the radio :confused:. I knew US interviewers were crap, but these are the worst i have seen.

I have always liked Brand. Always great in interviews and on guest panel shows.

Soldato
I often have friends say he's crap or they don't get him or ask why he is funny, It's Russell's Ego that is what makes him so funny (or in atleast my opinion). But I can see why some people don't find him funny.

Regardless, he is a very intelligent and whitty comedian, Pretty easy to see how he reduced them to a shambles.

Soldato
dont mind his stand up that much - can take it or leave it

HOWEVER he is a very clever bloke, and is always a legend at real life stuff like this - he ruined those pretty rude news anchors, amazing she couldnt even think of words to say other than "errmmm" and downing her bottle of water :D

Soldato
I am sorry but i really don't see how he "tears them to shreds" as MSN news have put it and how it was anything more than a bit of interview banter?

A bit of interview banter? I've never seen a panel of interviewers look so collectively awkward within a few minutes of having started an interview.

By the end of it the woman in blue can do nothing other than drink her water and hope someone else speaks.

It was especially amusing given it happened from the standpoint of them kicking the interview off as if they had literally no idea who he was or why he might be famous.

Back
Top Bottom