**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
So basically in this new generation is...we are not moving forward and getting nothing really new, basically we are getting graphically better machines?....brilliant.....good going.
I'm afraid so :( Lowest common denominator and all that. Still, you can't knock a company for listening to it's customers.

Soldato
Exactly, so how can they say its not required to be online, when it needs the power of the cloud? Or do the devs have to dial back the cloud usage and have it all done by the system?

It will now be on a game by game basis, I suspect they will have games which have an 'Online Required' sticker on the box or something

Soldato
These games will need Internet, simple.
Just means they have far to much cloud capcity. Consumer digital rights has just been set back a decade, as no other manufacturer is going to try to introduce sensible DRM, that was actually far more consumer sided than anything anyone's seen before.

possibly an offline mode using AI rather then the new drivertars?

Caporegime
Really? The set out their plan, people said very clearly they didn't like it and weren't ready for a Steam like digital distribution model yet so MS listened and changed their plan to respond to the feedback from their customers. Seems like the sort of thing a decent company does, why do you feel the need to do the whole "running scared" thing when a company has actually done the right thing by their customers?

Sorry, but Kudos to MS as far as I'm concerned.

Ignore the PS4 fanboys, this is the way they see the world:

MS stick their ground "stupid MS, nobody wants this crap"

MS listen and make changes "lol MS, they're so stupid"

Man of Honour
Exactly, so how can they say its not required to be online, when it needs the power of the cloud? Or do the devs have to dial back the cloud usage and have it all done by the system?

It will require to be online, they haven't said no game will require online. It just not all games need to be online and no need for a 24hr check, to check your license are still valid, as you can no longer sell digital license.
No different to how multiplayer and mmos work ATM.

Caporegime
I'm glad they dumped DRM. They've had years to persuade people digital distribution is the way forward yet you look at their pricing for games via download and they're a ****ing rip off. £25 for Assassins Creed 3 vs £18 for a physical copy and £10 second hand?

Caporegime
Sorry. I meant I disagree that consumers are worse off now. I think completely the opposite.

Don't care about either of those at all. What I do care about is being able to buy/sell my games as i wish, to who i wish and not have any expectation to keep my console online.

Anyway. Onwards and upwards now!

Upwards to what? This is exactly sideways.

Caporegime
There's no reason for this in GD.

But anyway, about this Kinect 24/7 video/audio collection, surely you could just push the camera to a wall and give Microsoft pointless information ( I can assume the sound will be muffled by it as well).

This is a nice chance to make their data mining utterly useless...by choice.

Soldato
People voted with their wallets (pre-orders) and they back pedaled. You're naive if you think they did it out of the goodness of their hearts.
No one said they did. Like I said, they set out a plan, people fed back they didn't like it so MS took that in, listened to customers and changed the plan to respond to customer feedback. Why try to make that a bad thing and gloat rather than giving them kudos for listen to customers? I don't get it.

Gangster
Associate
I hate to admit it, but now they have announced no DRM, I dont know what to get :(,

ONLY reason that im even considering it is because of Halo and gears of war. Im a massive fan of both games, however I havent plyaed and plan not to play Halo 4. So Im leaning towards PS4, and just give up those titles

Caporegime
I'm glad they dumped DRM. They've had years to persuade people digital distribution is the way forward yet you look at their pricing for games via download and they're a ****ing rip off. £25 for Assassins Creed 3 vs £18 for a physical copy and £10 second hand?

Just to point it out, Steam has AC3 for £19.99 (£35 for deluxe). £5 difference is pretty good for PC to Console?

Caporegime
I think this just shows how ******* stupid the gaming market is. Do you remember the rage at Steam when it launched? Now look at it, it single handedly revived the PC gaming market. I never thought gamers could be so utterly afraid of change.

The difference being that there wasn't much of an alternative, hence the need for a revival in the first place.

Those who didn't like the Xbox One have settled for the PS4. It would have been a horrible business decision NOT to backtrack on this.

Back
Top Bottom