PC games, fair price and ethics

Soldato
These cheaper sources often convince me to buy a game that I would never have bought had it not been cheap. I would argue that these cheap sources increase revenue for devs.

Pet Northerner
Don
I'm in the financial position where I cannot afford to keep splashing out full price for games. I'm much happier saving and then splurging on a few reduced games in sale and playing them until the next sale hits.

Atm I don;t make much time for gaming so paying full price for new games is a bit daft. Good example being the last of us, got it on release and have had about 2 hours on it

Soldato
All depends on the game for me, and even then you can get robbed of your money, hello BRINK and SimCity, also SWTOR too.

If i can buy a game for a cheaper price than i will, without hesitating. The pubs and devs make they're money if the game is good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will happily pay full price for games that I know I'm going to like and want on release, Fm, total war, bf etc, but for the majority of games i don't want to pay top whack for, so ill just wait. But I have bought lots of games that I wouldn't have otherwise bought when they are cheap, I would never have bought ARMA II at full price, but because of that I bought arma 3 as soon as the alpha was released.

Associate
buying games is often a gamble not like you can dsr them in most cases it is why i refuse to buy almost all games on release would much rather wait till good deal to be had then even if it is horrible i don't feel as cheated

Associate
These cheaper sources often convince me to buy a game that I would never have bought had it not been cheap. I would argue that these cheap sources increase revenue for devs.

+1 orcs must die is a perfect example of that for me i heard good things about it picked it up on the cheap but never actually played it.

Then heard about their next game Happened to be the sequel so then actually played it and pre ordered the sequel.

So by have the game at a price where it was rude to say no that got my inital few quid that they never would have received. Then that game gave me more brand awareness/loyalty/confidence about future games and got a full price sale of their next game. That never would have happened without giving me the first game.

In other words low prices can make people buy games they normally wouldn't and can give future titles/sequels a bigger audience.

Example. If mass effect was a quid would people who don't normally buy rpgs buy it? Not all but there would be a lot of sales

Then in turn would this spur on sale of mass effect 2 and 3 and possably 4? yes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom