Sub/Speakers

Associate
Hi guys

I've had the below speakers sat in at the bottom of my wardrobe for quite a few years now in the hope that one day i may get to reuse them.

The reason im posting is can i reuse them??

Sorry if its a bit of a noob question.

The speakers belonged to a JVC CD tape deck unit that has been dead for some years.

I been searching the net and can see these AV units but i have no idea if the speakers will plug straight in and work as i have no experience with them which is where i hope you guys can help me out :)

ar7q.jpg

There are 2 wires coming from the back of each speaker that then split at the ends as seen below

jxnw.jpg

Thanks

Man of Honour
The short answer is no.

A more complete answer is that the configuration of bass and treble feeds, plus the impedance (the Ohms) and the quality of the speakers all mean that it's more trouble than its worth. Sell the speakers on Gumtree / Ebay / Carboot and buy yourself some proper stereo speakers and a decent amp. You'll never look back.

Associate
OP
I had a feeling that was going to be the answer :(

Just seems a waste as they worth nothing really to sell as who would buy them when you cant do anything with them unless you take them apart and use the separate components...

Thanks for the reply

Man of Honour
Yeah, you're emotionally attached to them and there's a bit of hoarders instinct kicking in. You've probably got an overwhelming desire to do something with them, or at least put them back in the cupboard in some sort of vague hope that one day... somehow... by a miracle.... ha ha ha.

Associate
OP
lol not quite that bad mate i just thought maybe i could set up something cheap for the shed as there sat there doing nothing but looks like i'll take em to cash converters etc if they dont want em a charity shop can have em

Associate
lol not quite that bad mate i just thought maybe i could set up something cheap for the shed as there sat there doing nothing but looks like i'll take em to cash converters etc if they dont want em a charity shop can have em

Lots of peeps just go with T-amps and bookies in their workshops/garages :D Hell you can get a battery pack and run these anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom