*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Soldato
I used to enjoy it more when the game was focused on building, collecting resources and team work. Granted, Mohjang took a bit of a different direction with the game, and the new stuff was cool-ish but took away from the initial attraction of the game for me. Even the food mechanic kinda sucks in my eyes. I'm sure there are old versions of the game knocking about somewhere if I really wanted to play it.

But, Vanilla server, latest game, I'd be up for. Just need a few motivated players (I can be quite active as I've just finished college for the summer) and we could make some pretty cool stuff and have some fun.

Same here, i used to play this game a lot. But it one of those games where once you have done your build there is not much else to do, However the admins used to do team event's like defend the castle ect.. to bring you back that was hell of a lot of fun not sure if they do that anymore. It's a game that will bring you back however i haven't played this since over year ago.

Man of Honour
OP
Same here, i used to play this game a lot. But it one of those games where once you have done your build there is not much else to do, However the admins used to do team event's like defend the castle ect.. to bring you back that was hell of a lot of fun not sure if they do that anymore. It's a game that will bring you back however i haven't played this since over year ago.

I don't think there are any admins around with the time/energy to run events any more.

If we can get a decent playerbase I may select some new admins to run that side of things/the servers.

Associate
events are planned but right now stability of the servers are the main thing.

one of the event type was to put in player maps from the likes of highpixel
and have this change each week so admins dont have to run the events it can be done by players anytime they want a break from building.

this is still a planed idea but put on hold because of recent issues

Associate
I used to enjoy it more when the game was focused on building, collecting resources and team work. Granted, Mojang took a bit of a different direction with the game, and the new stuff was cool-ish but took away from the initial attraction of the game for me. Even the food mechanic kinda sucks in my eyes. I'm sure there are old versions of the game knocking about somewhere if I really wanted to play it.

But, Vanilla server, latest game, I'd be up for. Just need a few motivated players (I can be quite active as I've just finished college for the summer) and we could make some pretty cool stuff and have some fun.

Die Furburger Die! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Good application for vanilla admin hegemon :D

Seriously though, I've always felt I haven't experienced the full potential of a server. I've mentioned these kind of aspects before but it only takes a few people wanting something to get it unfortunately.

As you mention with no teleport/maps people are encouraged to work together, build trade/travel routes (I want to see those rail builders again) and build an organic community, and it's something that will keep improving. As new people enter the game they'll have to learn their surroundings and find their place.

Soldato
i have to agree with the default difficulty for any vanilla server being higher than easy for sure.

The problem i always find is that there servers are active for the first week or so then people drop off till its basically like playing single player minecraft again.

Dont get me wrong im one of those people who likes to run miles away from spawn and do a build of my own imagination but it would be nice to have that "survival" element to survival mode by having the initial difficulty set high for damage from mobs etc. Will make players at least be a bit more careful on that first night till they get their dirt huts built :p

BTW ive been so bored lately that ive been rebuilding my Winterhold build in single player survival mode lol so im ready for a new reason to log into minecraft :D

Associate
Good application for vanilla admin hegemon :D

Seriously though, I've always felt I haven't experienced the full potential of a server. I've mentioned these kind of aspects before but it only takes a few people wanting something to get it unfortunately.

As you mention with no teleport/maps people are encouraged to work together, build trade/travel routes (I want to see those rail builders again) and build an organic community, and it's something that will keep improving. As new people enter the game they'll have to learn their surroundings and find their place.

I've no desire to be an admin, I've been there before and it took away too much from my enjoyment of the game. The best admins in the past were Tefal, Zumii and Maxi, it would be nice if they had the time to reprise their roles.

Glad you like some of the ideas, I just wanted to share some of my views on vanilla servers.

Associate
Nutty i have restored the region file to the 14th at 8am in the morning
this has brought back almost everything. i say almost as i cant recover to after that time so anything you did after is lost.

I am however happy to help you replace and rebuild what ever is now missing

Associate
Nutty i have restored the region file to the 14th at 8am in the morning
this has brought back almost everything. i say almost as i cant recover to after that time so anything you did after is lost.

I am however happy to help you replace and rebuild what ever is now missing

Thank you mate will take a better look in morning just got back from fishing. Just had a quick scan I will write a list the missing items when 2morrow for you. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into recovering my build mate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
sorry I've not been around much Latley hedgemon, combination of illness and work.

hopefully after next week is over I should.have lots.of.free.time.and.will be. on properly to help

Associate
List of missing items for yrth

Only posting items that took me a while to get

1 Quantum Tank
12 Ultimate Solar Panels
1 Tier 5 Wither skelly spawner
1 Tier 5 Magma Slime
1 Tier 5 Cave Sider Spawner
1 Tier 5 Sheep Spawner
1 Tier 5 Blazer Spawner
1 Supercondenstator
22 Superconductor Wire
3 Adjustable Energy Storage Units
1 Scraboxinator

Associate
So what is vanilla like these days? Are there many changes from a year ago? Last I played vanilla they had just added in the villager NPCs.

Caporegime
Would be up for playing some Vanilla. Vanilla is almost too complicated for me haha let alone the mods! Miss the old days. :(

This is what's stopping me playing again. I remember the very first server where about 30 of us were all helping to build the Parthenon. Was great fun. :(

Associate
sorry I've not been around much Latley hedgemon, combination of illness and work.

hopefully after next week is over I should.have lots.of.free.time.and.will be. on properly to help

No worries, we all have our ups and downs, get well soon. I've not played a huge amount myself been mostly securing the spawn area for others ;)

If Maxi is reading this there is a few server settings you need to correct, everything is at default resulting in an 33x33 area at spawn we cannot work on.
In the server.properties file:

spawn-protection=0
pvp=false
difficulty=3 <-- optional

Back
Top Bottom