Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Bon Jovi at IOW last night = massive let down.
Yeah, it was a bit disappointing. They were supposed to be on for 3 hours, but turn up 40 minutes late and then do 2 hours including the encore. I'm guessing it was the setlist from their tour as they could have done a few more festival songs that would have been better with a few on the non-Bon Jovi fans. Where was Dry County, Bed of Roses, Always, Runaway?
Overall it was a great weekend, but for me, Emeli Sande, Bastille and Imagine Dragons were the pick of the crop.

Soldato
This Saturday I'll be seeing The Wildhearts at the Kentish Town Forum playing another of their 20th Anniversary Earth V's shows which I am really excited about as hearing Earth V's for the first time in 93/94 when I was at school really and truely was the time when I had found the music I had been looking for having checked out numerous bands that my friends liked and never quite finding exactly what I wanted. I listened to the album nonstop for weeks and it really did feel like I had found my musical home!!

Soldato
Yeah, it was a bit disappointing. They were supposed to be on for 3 hours, but turn up 40 minutes late and then do 2 hours including the encore. I'm guessing it was the setlist from their tour as they could have done a few more festival songs that would have been better with a few on the non-Bon Jovi fans. Where was Dry County, Bed of Roses, Always, Runaway?
Overall it was a great weekend, but for me, Emeli Sande, Bastille and Imagine Dragons were the pick of the crop.

Kids in glass houses
Young guns
Imagine Dragons
Bastille
Sub Focus
Madeon

Were all really good!

Ellie Goulding was my stand out performance though. Also....FIT.

I think in the grand scheme Bon Jovi were only about 15 minutes late, The Script over ran by about 20 minutes.

Thank god the rain held out. We did take our Gazebo down on Sat though as the wind nearly had it!

Man of Honour
Killers @ Wembley last night:

-Sound for James was absolutely atrocious, by far the worst I've heard in a very long time, echoing all over the shop and virtually impossible to decipher the lyrics. They didn't seem to do a soundcheck beforehand, and it showed.
-I quite like Gaslight Anthem and they were a reasonable, safe warmup. I enjoyed their better songs but there was a bit of filler in there.
-The Killers were excellent, and I'd go so far as it say it was probably the best non-festival gig I've been to. They have a very consistent standard of song writing and in the two hour set there were only a couple of tracks I was glad to see the back of.
-Seemed to be going through the motions a little early on but as the gig progressed BF got to show a bit more of his personality to connect with the crowd and the Wembley Song was a nice touch (hard not to feel a little quiver as you hear "sixty six, winning team" booming across the stadium
-Stadium rock seemed to suit them
-They made use of a few 'big act special effects' like fireworks, atomic bombs, confetti, lasers etc but in a fairly understated way - no need to for elaborate stage/light show such as I've seen from the likes of Muse and Coldplay, they let the songs do the talking
-Set list was good in general although I'd have liked to have heard Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll, which it seems they saved for a later gig at 01:45 elsewhere in London (shame we didn't find out about it until after the event). As I mentioned earlier, the good thing is they have a very good catalogue of tunes rather than needing to rely on just a handful of belters.

Soldato
Deerhunter ATP last weekend, Deerhunter were amazing all 3 night :D

Lots of alright other things, whats left of Stereolab were good and a couple of the random punts were good, yet again can't remember any of No Age and lots of things that had us basically napping on the food. Good weekend, just now have a lot of extra bruises that weren't there before.

Soldato
Bruce last night at Hard Rock Calling. What. A. Show.

The whole of "Born in the USA" album, LEGEND! Over 3 hours of pure rock awesome! :D

Soldato
OP
Just booked tickets to see Boyce Avenue (again) at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on the 21/09 - should be a nice start to our holidays :D

// Edit:

Seen these guys three times live now and they are simply awesome :D - I'm sure 5UB would agree :p

Last edited:
Associate
Booked tickets to see 'Zappa plays Zappa' in Novemper in Liverpool.

It is Dweezil Zappa and band playing the music of his father Frank Zappa. I wish Steve Vai, Napoleon Murphy Brock and Terry Bozio would turn up like in this clip but that is extremely unlikely.

Associate
Just booked tickets to see Boyce Avenue (again) at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh on the 21/09 - should be a nice start to our holidays :D

// Edit:

Seen these guys three times live now and they are simply awesome :D - I'm sure 5UB would agree :p

Seen them last night in Belfast, have to say I really enjoyed them. They were playing in the Mandela hall in the Students Union building and me and the mate must have been about 20yrs older than most of the folks there :p Good night though, would definitely go see them again.

Back
Top Bottom