Which compound to give extreme polish after using G3?

Soldato
A load of lovely birds have been crapping on my car over the last few months, and despite cleaning it off every time when I got home from work, it's marred the lacquer on my Peugeot.

I've flatted it with G3 by hand (G3 is too abrasive for me to have a go at machine polishing with it), but this has left slightly dull patches. What is a good, fine-grade compound that will have the thing shining wonderfully again? I don't mind machine polishing with something uber fine.

I tried SRP, but it didn't really touch it. Anyone recommend a product?

Last edited:
Soldato
You are using G3 wrong if it's giving a dull finish. It's made for a machine and whilst it doesn't finish up that well and can leave hologramming, should still have a decent gloss. Flatting is done with sandpaper and a block also.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the Megs #105/205 combo, I looked the other day and it's mighty expensive now though.

Associate
You could follow up with G10.

Farecla do a small drill attachment to use with the 3" g-mops - if you give it a go, use the black pads (polishing), as these are softer and easier to use if you've not done it before.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ended up ordering some Menzerna SF4000, but received a bottle of 4500 instead. I gave it a go anyway and after 1/2 an hour of polishing with my drill, the bonnet of my car is looking nice and uniformly shiny again.

Soldato
Good stuff!

On another note – damn Menzerna for changing the name of all their polish. It confused me when I first read it but I guess it makes more sense as now it's like the grading of sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom