Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
How about 30 posts or more for members over 9 years :p

I fancy the 850w xfx psu but just cant bring myself to pay £10.50 delivery

Associate
Ridiculous nonsense here. I have spent over £3000 with you over the years but have to pay delivery, while someone who posts on your site gets delivery for free. Where is the sense in that?

I am now going to buy the Asus Xonar DX2 of a competitor because after delivery charges they beat you on price. I would prefer to spend my money with you guys as you are smaller business, but £10 is too far out for a £80 product.

Associate
A sizeable majority of the people who spend money at Overclockers do so because of the forum community, so there is plenty of sense in it. Get back in your box.

Associate
No the person has a valid point. I have been posting in OCUK forums for years but I have yet to have any free delivery. In fact I purchased A Graphics card recently and still had to pay £13 for it to be delivered. The cheapest I was offered was £7.95.

Caporegime
No the person has a valid point. I have been posting in OCUK forums for years but I have yet to have any free delivery. In fact I purchased A Graphics card recently and still had to pay £13 for it to be delivered. The cheapest I was offered was £7.95.

Why do you have to pay?

You should have free delivery if you've linked your forum account to your shop account and you're within mainland UK.

Associate
Why do you have to pay?

You should have free delivery if you've linked your forum account to your shop account and you're within mainland UK.

Perhaps you should have put the second sentence first. Asking someone why they have to pay and then qualifying it with a second sentence just says the first sentence was wholly inadequate ;) (From Northern Ireland that use to get free shipping :D )

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can you provide the verifiable statistics for that? If not back in your box ;)

Perhaps you should have put the second sentence first. Asking someone why they have to pay and then qualifying it with a second sentence just says the first sentence was wholly inadequate ;) (From Northern Ireland that use to get free shipping :D )

Thank you for continuing to show an interest in this thread.

It's good to see you back after 14 months.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Spending more money with us is obviously nice for business. But in my opinion, it doesn't make the customer any different, the customer is still important no matter what they order.

For example, in the customer service section if someone has just spent only £500 I don't think 'oh that isn't a lot I won't help him as much, I will just help people who have £2000 worth of orders'.

All of our customers get the best customer service from me no matter the order, the customer, or the issue.

As regards to free shipping, the entitlement is in the first post. We are not just handing out free shipping to everyone, we are giving it as a thanks for helping to contribute to our forum and keeping it as one of the biggest and most greatest forums in the UK.

Most of our customers will spend thousands with us, problem is if we based it on that everyone who shops with us would get free shipping. So it just wouldn't work unfortunately!

Associate
So 100 posts is more valuable than £3000?

I love your company and will always choose to buy from you over any other company, if the price is reasonable. I have had many successful purchases from you, always arriving very fast, and will continue to use you in the future. I just find it a bit wrong.

Soldato

I love your company and will always choose to buy from you over any other company, if the price is reasonable. I have had many successful purchases from you, always arriving very fast, and will continue to use you in the future. I just find it a bit wrong.

From a non-bias POV, what he means really is, giving customers free delivery for having lots of post is a good incentive to come back and spend more money, the more time they spend on the forum with all the news and price drops etc on the more they are likely to buy.

I'm not sure if that was even wrote in english but I feel I got my POV through.

Caporegime

100 posts may contribute more than £3000 to OCUK. I for one can say everything I've ever bought from overclockers came from a single forum post that I read here about five years ago (infact, i think it was longer than that!).
I know that should I ever have a single PC problem there are staff members and other members who will be more than willing to give me some of their time to help me out. Infact, it doesn't even have to be a PC related problem and there'll always be someone who offers advice!
If you've ever spent any time in GD you'll see that some people are simply there to cheer others up - something that in my eyes deserves rewarding.

Associate
oooOOOooo - I'm at 70 posts already. This one makes 71 :) Let's see how many times I can update my GFX scores in the leaderboard threads to get this post up even higher :)

Back
Top Bottom