Recomendations for new keyboard

Associate
I have just ordered a Corsair Raptor K50 Gaming Keyboard from OCUK, but appears out of stock for a while, what can you recommend based on the following please

-needs to be illuminated
-Brown or Black Cheery MS
-not a huge gamer but would like to be able to if and when needed
-Anti Ghosting etc
-around the £70 mark

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The Logitech G710+ (I have one and think it's awesome) would fit those criteria but it's well out of your price range, unless you'd consider raising it?

The SteelSeries 6Gv2 would be a neat option but unfortunately it's not illuminated.

I just remembered OCUK are stocking the Ducky boards now which are great and this one could fit the bill - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-033-DK

It's out of stock at the time of posting though.

Last edited:
Associate
If you can track one down a CM quickfire TK should fit the spec.
Red illuminated keys with brown switches and around the £70 mark.

Associate
OP
cool, thanks for your replies guys, much appreciated, looks like I will prob need to up the amount spent though....

regards

Associate
The CM STORM QUICK FIRE TK with brown switches has white back lighting if I'm not not mistaken. Red on red switches and blue on blue switches. A bit of quick internet searching will get you what you want and for under £70.00 as well. It's the keyboard I wanted but the wife wouldn't let me have due to noise of keys.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That keyboard is well reviewed but I think you could do better at that price point depending on preference of course.

Man of Honour
I had the QPAD MK-85 before the G710+ and I did like it, but unfortunately the backlight wouldn't turn off when the computer went off, which is something a lot of people have experienced; you may not though.

What about the Ducky range, do any of those look good to you?

Associate
OP
the Ducky range look fine, but I think they are very expensive for what you are getting, most other keyboards in that price range seem to have a lot more features.....At the end of the day a £100 odd on a keyboard is madness, so it has to be right...

Man of Honour
They are expensive but they're also very well made and solid, the QPAD isn't bad however it is a re-branded 'churned out' iOne keyboard that other brands use as well, which kind of takes the shine off it. A lot of people don't rate iOne at all for reliability etc.

Associate
OP
right, found the K70 for £99 and everywhere stocks the k95 for £129, do you think the difference is worth spending on the k95??

Back
Top Bottom