• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Caporegime
After sending my card to OcUK on 30/05/13, I finally get an email saying:

"The product GX-148-MS on RMA RMAXXXXXX will be sent to you on a new order with order number XXXXXXX.

This will be despatched as soon as possible, subject to stock availability."

This means the card was replaced?

Sounds like it yes.

Soldato
Could anyone offer some advice?
I have a new EVGA 780 ACX which is faulty:
OCuk have offered an RMA – but with no replacement stock anywhere I’ll probably get a refund.
EVGA have offered an RMA – but I’ll have to send it to Germany for replacement or repair.
Obviously I do not wish for a repair on a new purchase but EVGA are more likely to have stock.
Which would you go for?
Thanks.

I've found EVGA to be pretty good when it comes to RMAs, if you exclude the fact you have to ship to Germany. Although being an RMA they should cover the shipping shouldn't they?
Also, isn't there a period of time during which they HAVE to provide a replacement? (Not sure how long that is)

Soldato
EVGA warranty sounds good - whats normal cost to send to Germany - insured - say a £500 card

thinking of getting a 780 and 50:50 between Gigabyte and EVGA atm

cheers

Soldato
OP
Buckster said:
EVGA warranty sounds good - whats normal cost to send to Germany - insured - say a £500 card

thinking of getting a 780 and 50:50 between Gigabyte and EVGA atm

cheers
EVGA GTX 780 Reference Card.

40 x 25 x 6 cm

998 g (1kg)

Have a look on parcel2go, or parcel monkey. I just checked parcel monkey - Parcelforce Priority International works out £16.79 inc Vat + £7.99 for £500 Insurance cover, so roughly about £25 mininum.

qdah.jpg

Associate
Thank you Nelly.
Was looking at Interlink(DPD the ones OCuk use) and they were £26 to Germany and £22 to Newcastle - £600 card next day. Seems dear now.

EVGA:
"When we receive the product, it will be processed and your replacement will be shipped back to you within three business days."
"All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement."
"EVGA requires that you send only the product and NO ACCESSORIES. Do not include Cables, CDs/Games, and Manuals"
The last one seems odd; and I’ve already packed the GPU complete.

Still don’t know who to send it to?

Soldato
OP
morgan_man said:
Thank you Nelly.
Was looking at Interlink(DPD the ones OCuk use) and they were £26 to Germany and £22 to Newcastle - £600 card next day. Seems dear now.

EVGA:
"When we receive the product, it will be processed and your replacement will be shipped back to you within three business days."
"All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box OEM replacement will be sent in return if the product was purchased new-in-box, subject to availability. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement."
"EVGA requires that you send only the product and NO ACCESSORIES. Do not include Cables, CDs/Games, and Manuals"

In the first year, you should goto your retailer to arrange RMA, although in some circumstances the retailer will cover the whole warranty.

I would request an RMA through your retailer, or if you want it to be quicker go straight through EVGA.

Soldato
EVGA will turn arround your RMA within a week in most cases.

You can give them credit card details and they will send you a new card straight away and only charge you if you dont send your faulty card back.

I sent a 660ti back to them and had a brand new one sent back to me within a week.

Soldato
Here: http://www.markljlewis.com/wlj.png

In other news it appears Gigabyte are no longer my favourite company for returns. As of May 1st 2013 they have introduced a £15 flat handling fee, to cover the return postage on items RMA'd with them direct in the UK. Obviously this doesn't apply to retailer returns but makes them a less desirable company when it comes to direct returns as their repair service used to be both fast and free.

The only positive is that if the same item is returned again for another repair, another charge is not made to the customer; though the previous returns number must be quoted.

It seems you can however arrange a courier yourself which is a nice compromise if you don't want to pay the £15.

Last edited:
Associate
Just sent my RMA for my gigabyte 7970 into overclockers, is it best to email them with as much info on the problem also sent them a video of it and that's why they sent me a rma.

Problem / Fault description: Faulty [Capacitor Whine],
Desired action: Replace

Associate
Sent my RMA in yesterday and its has already been tested and received a email saying it has been sent back to manufacturer for repair/ replacement . very happy with how fast this has been dealt with and now have to wait for gigabyte to get back to me. But customer care have been very helpful with me from overclockers.

Associate
Thank you Nelly.

EVGA:

Update.
Decided to RMA my week old GTX780 SC ACX back to EVGA as OCuk had no stock to replace it. Used Interlink insured/ground at £25.
Dominik@EVGA replied to my woes on the 780 forum and offered to refund the delivery cost – refunded the same day! No charge for return via UPS.
Brand new replacement arrived Friday – 3 days to get there/1 day at EVGA/3 days return. Installed today and everything works extremely well.
So chalk up a good positive score for EVGA warranties
Now looking at motherboards and EVGA is top of my list (EVGA X79 Dark).

Caporegime
Update.
Decided to RMA my week old GTX780 SC ACX back to EVGA as OCuk had no stock to replace it. Used Interlink insured/ground at £25.
Dominik@EVGA replied to my woes on the 780 forum and offered to refund the delivery cost – refunded the same day! No charge for return via UPS.
Brand new replacement arrived Friday – 3 days to get there/1 day at EVGA/3 days return. Installed today and everything works extremely well.
So chalk up a good positive score for EVGA warranties
Now looking at motherboards and EVGA is top of my list (EVGA X79 Dark).

Excellent service. :cool:

Associate
GPU was sent to gigabyte 17 days ago now, still hasn't been returned or emailed with any update since it was sent to them. I thought gigabyte where suppose to be quick, rather annoyed at how long it is taking.

Soldato
I did a few days ago and got a response that it can take up to 28 days, which I am really hoping isn't the case and I get it back earlier as I thought gigabyte where really fast with RMA turn arounds

Strange, had mine repaired and ready for collection after they had it for only two days, which includes the day it arrived as well. That being said, I e-mailed them after they stated it was ready for collection and didn't get a reply. Maybe they are having e-mail problems.

I assume you are dealing direct with GB Tech?

Associate
Well i sent it back to ocuk and then they sent it to gigabyte and nothing since, rather annoying as I thought it would be rather a fast turn around and not having a working PC for a few weeks now. I have emailed ocuk a few times but its all down to gigabyte, they probably lost it or something knowing my luck as it was only bad coil whine

Back
Top Bottom