Ever wondered what is in your McDonalds?

ntg

ntg

Associate
whenever there is a fast food related thread I discover that all OcUK forum users eat healthier than the Queen and are also licensed nutritionists. no one ever-ever-ever eats junk food in this forum.

Man of Honour
They couldn't even leave the poor apples alone!

This is where a basic understanding of what chemicals are. It's a natural form of vitamin C
And helps stop the apple turning brown, which is what happens when left in air.

There's a factory down the road from here where all the buns for Maccy D, BK, Rustlers and all those other horrible microwave burger things are made. Repaired a gearbox from there covered in dough. It goes as hard as concrete and is fire resistant. Would explain why they don't decompose.:p

Just like normal dough.

Lack of decomposition is nearly always far more to do with cooking and dehydration, than anything else.
Even at home with fresh veg it's easy to see them preserved by drying just drying out, especially when cut small and in the summer.

Soldato
Hmm looked up bk fries, looks just as bad... well I rarely eat in either but do prefer bk more. Hmm well guess its up to me to make home made burger and chips!

Man of Honour
If you are going to eat crap at least eat a healthy version of it! :p

BB x

Supermarket stuff isn't automatically healthy.

I wish we had a labeling reform, especially in this high tech world, could keep labels the same now but have a Qr code, which had far more strict on ingredients and could also include which farms etc it comes from. It's hard making an informed choice when labeling is pretty worthless.

Soldato
We often get threads like this and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with McDonalds or any other similar fast food as long as its in moderation. Its the people who eat there everyday who are those putting their health at risk, especially with the cheaper items they do deals on like basic burgers and fries.

I live close to a busy high-street and it amazes me how many kids I see who are eating McDonalds after school while waiting for the bus just along from it. They are eating this everyday, then likely going home and eating something else for dinner too. Obviously kids tend to be active enough that they aren't piling on the pounds, but they are still by no means healthy when eating food like that all the time.

Soldato
Maybe the 2 cheese burgers, 5 double cheese burgers, and 6 chicken nuggets I ate a few weeks ago when drunk weren't such a good idea.
In my defence, I only asked my mate to get me 1 cheese burger after I'd ordered the nuggets, and somehow I ended up with the above.

Associate
Someone once tried to convince me that a Big Mac was healthy? no joke I saw them a week back and he must be 25 stone. lol i didnt stop to speak but was laughing in my head thinking "yeah Big Macs are really healthy aren't they"

Soldato
Never really wondered no, I automatically assumed it was garbage.

Then again I eat it maybe 3-4 times a year so I'm not exactly worried, the chemicals in tap water probably do me more harm.

Someone once tried to convince me that a Big Mac was healthy?

In theory you could make a Big Mac that is healthy, probably wouldn't taste much like a Big Mac though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom