Which gaming headset or headphones do you use for gaming?

Associate
Corsair 1500 Vengeance here too.. large and comfy, but the Windows support for fast switching of audio outputs is poor, so I use AutoHotkey to change 'on the fly'.

Associate
Plantronics GameCom 377 Gaming Headset.

I am really impressed with these especially for the price (less than 20 quid), comfortable (not super comfortable, the ear cups could be slightly bigger), durable (strong reinforced cable and sturdy mic) and just a clever design really.

Associate
OP
Sennheiser PC163D for every day gaming as they are light on the head and easy to forget your wearing combined with a decent mic and sound quality that while not in audiophile league is good enough not to find anything objectionable with and can pick out sound detail, etc. that most headsets like those made by plantronics, razer, etc. just don't do.

Sennheiser PC333D - for shorter periods of competitive gaming, etc. the extra mic functionality is really handy to have.

Thanks for this info, I've found a pair of PC 320's cheap so I'm going to give those a try for now, based on how well you like the PC 163D's

I'm thinking of saving up for set of PC 360's or even some HD 598's even.

I might even consider the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO or the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 also.

The Goldring DR 150's have a great sound for the price I paid for them. Sadly the first pair cracked and fell apart. Even with my best efforts to repair them. Using the second pair now, and don't hold out much hope of them lasting more than 9 more months.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The 310s are more like the 163s the 320s are closer to the 333s - I've not tried the 320s but from what I've heard they are a rework of the 330s (333Ds) to make them more comfortable for longer gaming sessions (the 333s while great for competitive gaming in my experience aren't the most comfortable for prolonged wearing).

I'm quite a big fan of the Beyers also but I prefer Sennheiser for gaming use.

Associate
Microsoft LX 3000. I've had this pair for 3 years and they still work almost perfectly. The sound quality and microphone quality are amazingly high for the price. The microphone is starting to go but for £20 after 3 years, I'm happily purchasing a second pair.

Associate
OP
Microsoft LX 3000. I've had this pair for 3 years and they still work almost perfectly. The sound quality and microphone quality are amazingly high for the price. The microphone is starting to go but for £20 after 3 years, I'm happily purchasing a second pair.

I know what you mean.

My nephew has a pair of these: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-091-CL&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=1719

And for the price, there a nice pair of headphones. A little heavy on the base for my liking, but still good sound quality over all. And he's had them for about a year now, and they are still working well. And he can be a bit heavy handed with his headphones...I've noticed over the last couple of years.

jkb

jkb

Associate
If I'm playing single player, which is most of the time, I use my Shure se 535s. If I need a microphone for online I use and old set of creative fatality headphones.

RHS

RHS

Associate
Roccat Kave's for me. Decent sound and really comfortable to wear. I can't fault mine.
The mic is decent for TS/Skype.

Buy cheap, pay twice with these your all good.

Back
Top Bottom