What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Made it shine again. Wash, polish, sealant then wax. Also fitted some pressed plates and seat sport plate holders and black vinyl either side of the plates on front.

Pic of how it is now

IMG_4127_zpsdd7cb995.jpg

compared to before

IMG_3590_zps5e06a1d3.jpg

Soldato
Jaguar-F-Type-Review30_zps9f7ad6f6.jpg~original

I love it! Infact, i would consider it as one of the best looking cars ever made. Noticing they have been a massive hit too, seen about 15 of them up to yet around here.

Jaguar have it spot on with the cars they are releasing lately. Do they stick to the 1 designer with there latest cars? If so he deserves a medal.

Plenty of designers and engineers to pencil stuff then make it feasible to make and sell but it all gets final nod from Mr Ian Callum!

This one is my background on one of my 24" screens at work ;), the angle obviously works :cool:

Jaguar-F-Type_V8_S_2014_photo_1a.jpg

Soldato
Don't worry, once you have your first blemish, other ones come easier. I got about another 5 tiny chips on my windscreen when going on a nice 400mile drive earlier in May around the highlands. I'm also still on the original DC2 windscreen and really don't want to change it in case the fitting is bodged!

A tiny chip wouldnt bother me, i had one already right at the top of the screen, but this the chip is quite big sadly and in a rather obvious location, think a repair will still be very noticable....new screen time methinks.

This shape civic is potentially problematic to change the screen on as well, a few folks on civinfo have had issues with water ingress or lots more wind noise because the window fitters don't always replace some trim parts that ensure the screen is perfectly seated and doesn't rub against painted areas of the screen surround/pillars.

Soldato
A tiny chip wouldnt bother me, i had one already right at the top of the screen, but this the chip is quite big sadly and in a rather obvious location, think a repair will still be very noticable....new screen time methinks.

This shape civic is potentially problematic to change the screen on as well, a few folks on civinfo have had issues with water ingress or lots more wind noise because the window fitters don't always replace some trim parts that ensure the screen is perfectly seated and doesn't rub against painted areas of the screen surround/pillars.

Ahh crap.

Same with the DC2 and fitters not using new Honda rubbers. Annoying, but understandable as they cost £££££.

Maybe try the repair to see how it comes out anyway.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Picked it up from the dealer £500 lighter, but with a new water pump and other cooling system bits.

They even charged me €20 for windscreen washer fluids the *******s :mad:

Anyway, all fixed now :)

Soldato
It was £30 from a local place, they reclaimed about 70 grams from the system so it was pretty much empty, did the pressure/leak test, and then recharged it. I believe Kwik Fit and the like charge £50 at the moment for the same service so couldn't really complain.

Soldato
I had similar issues on my E36, went from ice cold to asthmatic in the space of about 3 months. Took it back and they told me to use it every few weeks to keep the seals lubricated. Did that and it was icey for the 9 months before I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom