Fully comp with 3rd party on other cars

Soldato
My insurance is up with admiral at the end of the month and they quoted me a silly price of £600 on a 1.2 clio @21yo 1ncb.

So i'm on the hunt for new quotes, so far i've found as low as £470, but i'm after insurance companies that'll allow me to drive other peoples cars 3rd party.

Possible or am I too young to get this privilege?

Cheers.

Soldato
Also bare in mind that you must have the owner's permission to use the car. So rules out driving company cars, leased cars (including motability vehicles) and even those being bought via some types of finance.

Soldato
OP
Not worth the hassle, tried the majority mentioned and they all want £1000+ which is absolutely disgusting price.

Think i'll just go with Hastings Direct for £440.

Last edited:
Associate
I had a quote on Saturday from adrian flux which included driving vehicles third party and im 23. i didnt take it as the cancellation terms were terrible and i only needed cover for a couple of months.

When i was 18/19 admiral/bell use to give me this option as a bolt on for £50 extra, now they wont even consider it :(

Soldato
OP
I had a quote on Saturday from adrian flux which included driving vehicles third party and im 23. i didnt take it as the cancellation terms were terrible and i only needed cover for a couple of months.

When i was 18/19 admiral/bell use to give me this option as a bolt on for £50 extra, now they wont even consider it :(

I'm with Admiral now, Insurance when I first went with them was £640 I believe which was good when I was 20, But now 21 with 1ncb and with a renewal price of £599.99 They can shove it, way too much for a 1.2

Soldato
£600 is reasonable for a Clio at your age I think!

I'm paying £350 for a Golf GTi, 3ncb, I'm 26, all the extra's and 3rd Party on other vehicles at no extra cost. It really comes down to how nice the person on the phone is when you go to renew ;)

Back
Top Bottom