Stuck in an endless loop after rebuilding.

Associate
Hey guys.

So i have rebuilt my system into a new case, added watercooling.

I spent all last night bleeding the system and gave it a try this morning and its stuck in an endless loop.

The system turns on, The lights on the mobo flash but nothing on the monitor after about 5 seconds it turns itself off for a moment and turns itself back on and continues doing this.

I have tried clearing the bios and that didnt do anything, I also tried a single stick of ram in (4 separate pieces of ram)

The parts are only around 3 month old.

I'v been my own PC's for the last 10 years and never encountered this problem before.

All help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Associate
What board do you use (and other system specs) - any chance your mobo has a debug code than can say where its getting suck on?

Associate
With no detailed spec, I can't say more than some obvious & general rules: check spacers in case/motherboard, PSU type and re-socket CPU, checking socket pins for bent/broken ones.

Associate
OP
Sorry Spec would have helped.

i7 3770K (delidded)
32GB ram (currently 16GB installed for testing)
MSI Z77-G45A gaming Mobo
HX620W Corsair PSU

I have nothing else connected at the moment for testing.

Unfortunatley no debug codes on this mobo, I have taken out my graphics card and using on-board for testing to take graphics out of the equasion, I will try and reseat CPU

Associate
I was half hoping for debug codes lol sorry stumped here, nothing really jumping out at me -that I dont think youve already tried (ie youve already tried ram and now gpu sorry :-/)

Associate
OP
I have stripped the system, Reseated the CPU, However one pin was SLIGHTLY bent, I used a magnifying glass and a pin to resettle it - Although it now looks right again, it still is rebooting over and over.
i am wondering if I damaged the CPU when i delidded it.

Soldato
try this as I always have this trouble when my overclocks fail :p
turn it off the main switch, unplug the cable from the psu, hold down the power button for a few seconds, wait a minute or 2, then plug everything back in.
see if that works :)

Associate
OP
Its my first try since Delidding. Although I was super super careful, I didn't catch the Die, I didnt scrape the PCB and when I removed the IHS it came off nice and easy (no tugging) Although it could well be dead.

Back
Top Bottom