corsair rma

Associate
I have already been through the rma process with Corsair a few years ago and I wasn't impressed because I had to front the sizeable postage cost to send my PSU to them in the Netherlands.

Now I have a second Corsair PSU (bought from OCUK) go bad on me with 3 weeks left on its 5 year warranty. Talk about cutting it close.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if they still make you send stuff to the Netherlands or if they have a UK depot now. If they haven't got their act together I probably won't bother with it.

Associate
Still in Netherlands I do believe. I was lucky enough to get away with using my company to send it off, I pretended it was a faulty piece of equipment owned by us, when really it was mine.

Associate
not sure if any of the PSU manufacturers have RMA centres in the UK tbh

+1, all you have to do is send them an email asking for a pre paid label, just say you're not happy that its failed and its going to cost X amount to send it, shouldn't be more than £20.

Associate
I think you would struggle to argue that it was unsuitable for purpose or manufacturing fault (ie. Sale of Goods Act) after nearly 5 years of use. RMA via warranty is the best route.

Last edited:
Soldato
not sure if any of the PSU manufacturers have RMA centres in the UK tbh

I think Sesonic use a UK based company to handle RMA, at least they did not long ago but be aware of such niceties as the following :

Without a correct and detailed error description, we do not guarantee perfect repair. Tautologies like "defective" are not sufficient.

The RMA number has to be legibly indicated outside on the package.

The commodities have to be sent back in original or in appropriate packaging. Costs and damages due to improper packaging will be assumed by the customer.

In case of unjustified objection, the commodities will be sent back against a processing fee

Permabanned
Bit much to swear against ever buying again imo. I had a 950 non modular go bad after 2 years. They paid for me to send it back and sent me the 1050 modular no extra charge. Total turnaround was 7 days from it leaving my house

Soldato
Def netherlands. I have a faulty 650tx that just upped and died after 2 and a half years. Ocuk uk said go direct to corsair. The part number was not in the extensive drop down list and you can't raise a ticket without choosing a part number. The ticket was not speedily picked up but a quick post on their forums got the ball rolling. Not sure what postage will cost me yet though

Soldato
Def netherlands. I have a faulty 650tx that just upped and died after 2 and a half years. Ocuk uk said go direct to corsair. The part number was not in the extensive drop down list and you can't raise a ticket without choosing a part number. The ticket was not speedily picked up but a quick post on their forums got the ball rolling. Not sure what postage will cost me yet though

£43 signed for !

Associate
OP
Just an update..

It took them this long to accept the RMA, but they are giving me a shipping label. Some measure of faith in Corsair has been restored.

Back
Top Bottom