Signing in book

Associate
Morning all, I have been asked to get rid of our signing in book and put in place a better / more technological solution.
im thinking like a touch screen pc, and a small printer, and clients can come in and then confirm who they are on the pc, and then it prints out a badge or something. any suggestions welcome.

Caporegime
but stil apparently its to old school for our scientific company.

As a visitor to a building I'd much rather be met by a real (and polite) person, who can deal with my requests/find relevant people.

If you are residing yourself to having a person by the door anyway, then the self-service element is pointless. If you aren't having anyone down by the door/reception, then how are the guests going to contact who they need to?

In summary: Self-Service is pointless. If they really must modernize it, just use outlook calendaring.

Associate
OP
As a visitor to a building I'd much rather be met by a real (and polite) person, who can deal with my requests/find relevant people.

If you are residing yourself to having a person by the door anyway, then the self-service element is pointless. If you aren't having anyone down by the door/reception, then how are the guests going to contact who they need to?

In summary: Self-Service is pointless. If they really must modernize it, just use outlook calendaring.

basicaly, what happenes is, they press the buzzer, it rings a phone, then we have to go open the door, ( no automatic systems in place) then bring them in to the main office, ask them to fill in the book and then we give them a badge
( the badges are imported from the US as we are a us company and have there ball sh t rules)

Associate
basicaly, what happenes is, they press the buzzer, it rings a phone, then we have to go open the door, ( no automatic systems in place) then bring them in to the main office, ask them to fill in the book and then we give them a badge
( the badges are imported from the US as we are a us company and have there ball sh t rules)

What are these badges? Just bits of plastic or RFID etc? At my company what happens is:

1) Visitor walks into reception
2) Visitor looks at the provided phone directory of internal numbers and calls the number from the provided phone
3) The employee then goes to let them in and provides them with a visitors badge
4) Visitor swipes the badge on the way in and they are now logged into the system

Associate
OP
What are these badges? Just bits of plastic or RFID etc? At my company what happens is:

1) Visitor walks into reception
2) Visitor looks at the provided phone directory of internal numbers and calls the number from the provided phone
3) The employee then goes to let them in and provides them with a visitors badge
4) Visitor swipes the badge on the way in and they are now logged into the system

the cards we have are plastic, and colour codded, with numbers on and bar codes.

Associate
Looks like they are just normal plastic cards I guess, we used them at school. RFID could be used to limit them where they go, but I guess that wouldnt be the cheapest solution at your place.

How about a custom spreadsheet where they record who is visiting? could be linked to a database that stores all the info about who it is, what time they came in and left?

Back
Top Bottom