Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
LOL we arent bitter, just a bit fed up of this constant merry go round with Higuain...will he wont he etc etc. And for your info, other PL teams are making signings ie Spurs with Paulinho and now Villa, City with Navas and Negredo iirc, Chelsea with a few signings ie Van Ginkel and Schurrle i think. Then theres Utd who look to be getting Thiago.

They may not be world class, £40+mill players but the fact is they ARE making signings whereas Arsenal like to talk about signing such and such a player but in reality we are nowhere close to signing them.

I wasn't trying to bait the Arsenal fans btw.

I know some signings have been made, but there are plenty of teams who haven't signed anyone and there haven't been any blockbusters either. As a neutral, there's time to go for Arsenal yet.... But yeah I can understand the supporters frustrations on the whole Higuain thing.

Caporegime
I wasn't trying to bait the Arsenal fans btw.

I know some signings have been made, but there are plenty of teams who haven't signed anyone and there haven't been any blockbusters either. As a neutral, there's time to go for Arsenal yet.... But yeah I can understand the supporters frustrations on the whole Higuain thing.

Yeh you have a point but for me as an Arsenal fan, it would have been nice to have finalised the deal for Higuain so that he could go on our pre-season tour and get to grips with how we play and the gel with the squad.

I wont be flipping out just yet, as you said there is plenty of time till the end of the transfer window but it would have been nice to see us sign a few players of world class ability so we have something to look forward to next season:p.

Caporegime
Grant Holt having a medical at Wigan today, finding it hard to believe that he would leave a Premiership team to go down to a team in the championship.

Unless his contract came to an end and Norwich didnt want him anymore??.

£4.4mill for Villa to go to Atletico Madrid, cheap as chips:p

Mario Gomez is looking likely to go to Fiorentina, £20mill is the rumoured fee. Good player and scored plenty of goals for Bayern...

Caporegime
Spurs not going for Mario Gomez is so ridiculous. €16m apparently, which is about £12m. They need a player to put the ball in the back of the net (desperately) and they don't come much better. He's only 26 too.

Soldato
OP
Grant Holt having a medical at Wigan today, finding it hard to believe that he would leave a Premiership team to go down to a team in the championship.

£4.4mill for Villa to go to Atletico Madrid, cheap as chips:p

Mario Gomez is looking likely to go to Fiorentina, £20mill is the rumoured fee. Good player and scored plenty of goals for Bayern...

Villa:
€2.1M up front
€2M if he stays the following year
€1M if he stays for the third year.

If he is sold, Barca take 50% of whatever he sells for.

Here is an official Bayern article, that Gomez is going to Bayern: http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2013/43543.php

Also, seems like its official, Mikhatryian (sp) to Dortmund, but I can't find an official statement. Many sources saying its official though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get the fuss over Benteke. £20m+ being banded around :/

He scored 19 league goals for one of the worst teams in the league. He scored 3 goals and got 3 assists less than Bale last year and he's been touted at something ridiculous like £60m. It's hardly like Bale is proven either, he had a good season last year and a fantastic season this year, before that he was rather average.

Man of Honour
Spurs not going for Mario Gomez is so ridiculous. €16m apparently, which is about £12m. They need a player to put the ball in the back of the net (desperately) and they don't come much better. He's only 26 too.

Agreed, surely better teams than Fiorentina want him?! Bizarre.

Man of Honour
Why would he go for peanuts???

Seems very unlikely to me, I'm sure Laudrup came out with some comment last season about how we was worth £30m now but even if we look at it realistically, given the fact that he is proven in the Prem I think he would command a £15m+ fee.

Villa for sub £5m seems a good deal to me, big sell-on clause but then at his age his value is going to be pretty small in a couple of years anyway.

Soldato
Just read that Villa's wages are a crazy 11million a year, that true?

i think they rose to 11m euros p/a in the last year of his contract and was the main reason barca wanted rid of him now.

levy screwed up again thinking that he had all the bargaining power and i pretty much think that he offered nothing for him with the tactic of the wages off barca's books to push the sale through. they sure showed him.

bit gutted but nevermind. atleast it's clear that we're looking for a striker.

Soldato

Holt asked to leave Norwich last June and Norwich refused. He then signed a new 3 year deal to stay at Norwich.

I think it's a case of he wanted to leave, so let him and get some money for someone who is 32 rather than keep him and run the risk of him leaving on a free.

Holt probably reckons he'll be back in the Premier League with Wigan this time next season.

Soldato
i think they rose to 11m euros p/a in the last year of his contract and was the main reason barca wanted rid of him now.

levy screwed up again thinking that he had all the bargaining power and i pretty much think that he offered nothing for him with the tactic of the wages off barca's books to push the sale through. they sure showed him.

bit gutted but nevermind. atleast it's clear that we're looking for a striker.

I'm actually kinda glad. Playing outside of Spain for the first time at the age of 31 and used to playing with world class stars? Might take a while for him to settle and how many years has he got left in him?

It would have been a pretty big gamble considering his wages.

Man of Honour
All depends who they get instead.

Thing with Spurs current squad is you have to wonder whether they can accommodate 2 strikers (in the first eleven) or whether they will typically look to deploy a lone striker ahead of Lennon, Bale and A.N.Other. And that may dictate the type of strikers they should be aiming for. Personally while not his biggest fan, in a 4-4-2 I would recommend they play Defoe, but I'm not convinced he's the best option to play up there on his own. The only other option is Adebayor, whose contract doesn't expire until 2015 so there is no point playing him until next season.

Soldato
AVB is looking for a 4-3-3 imo. we've had a bid for adebayor but his wages are a stumbling block.

villa would've been a risk but certainly one worth taking as i believe we could've provided him with the service required. not sure adebayor is the man for the system avb wants to implement. defoe could've been a few years ago but i don't think he's sharp enough anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom