Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Weird deal for Schwarzer that, fair enough he wanted a big move back when Arsenal wanted him from us but he turned (apparently) Fulham's deal down because he didn't want to be #2.

Caporegime
has that dude that said Higuain was a done deal posted since?

You mean this guy??:p...apparently according to him its a 5 yr deal but somehow i think Higuain got lost in the Bermuda triangle:p

Suarez flattered by Arsenal interest

Luis Suarez has told Sport 890, a radio station in Uruguay that he is flattered by interest from Arsenal:
It's good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal. Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh.
Don’t believe everything you read or hear! I am sometimes off the grid. I don’t even know where my phone is sometimes.
There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want.
– Luis Suarez, speaking to Sport 890

Caporegime
Weird deal for Schwarzer that, fair enough he wanted a big move back when Arsenal wanted him from us but he turned (apparently) Fulham's deal down because he didn't want to be #2.

back up at a club like Chelsea on a big wage where you get to play in cups you might win, and back up with 1/3rd of the wage at a club where you won't win anything........ not exactly the same is it.

Soldato
But... why?

2nd choice for a year at 40, decent cash, cup games to get a win under his belt, doesn't have to move house, it's idea for both parties when Courtis finally can fight for first team (he's on loan again and they have released the other 2 chaps).

Much more sensible than getting Ruddy in or someone who isn't good if they actually need him for a league game.

Caporegime
Also gets to travel around Europe and train with these fantastic players. All in all it's a big coup for a 40 year old. At a club like that it is worth being the second keeper.

Soldato
back up at a club like Chelsea on a big wage where you get to play in cups you might win, and back up with 1/3rd of the wage at a club where you won't win anything........ not exactly the same is it.

The fact he said he needs to be #1 to stay in the World Cup team rather than #2..? It's a good move overall for him, just thought he'd be better off joining another club like Fulham and being a star player rather than 100% backup.

Soldato
Why is it taking Arsenal to wrap up certain deals so long...... :o

Playing silly and bluffing doesnt play in to our hands in my eyes. Too many clubs with cash.

Sign Higuain before he realises he is too good for us and for god's sake pay the 1.5mill for Ceasar. Worth it!

Man of Honour

Exactly, players in their 40s need to be planning for their retirement and realistically no London club is going to match the wages he'll be getting from Chelsea. He's stated that his family is settled and kids in school so presumably no need to move house etc is another plus point for Chelsea.

Just seems to make sense all round to me, Chelsea get a decent keeper as backup while allowing Courtois to continue his development on loan.

Man of Honour
Why is it taking Arsenal to wrap up certain deals so long...... :o

Playing silly and bluffing doesnt play in to our hands in my eyes. Too many clubs with cash.

Sign Higuain before he realises he is too good for us and for god's sake pay the 1.5mill for Ceasar. Worth it!

Are any of those targets actually confirmed? Cesar seems to have died off and the Higuain deal is either as good as done or non-existent.

Man of Honour
Alcaraz signed for Evertonn too, Wigan revolution :p

And Robles for €1.6m. Guess both of us will have fun in the championship next season.

To be honest I don't mind either of those deals, as long as both are backup players. Jagielka and Distin should be our standard CB pairing, and as Heitinga is pretty much rubbish, I don't mind Alcaraz on a free as a squad player.

As for Robles, I thought he looked fairly decent for Wigan last year. Only 23, which is very young for a keeper, so he can warm the bench for a year, then take over from Howard next season, assuming he continues to improve.

They're not the ground shaking signings I want us to make, but our squad has always been thin on the ground, so I have no problems with Martinez adding a little depth, as long as they're not bought as first team starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom