Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
bit of a change

2007 Bmw 335D

Pic of the interior does not do it any justice, the cinnamon leather and wood actually go very well, I was not keen of the wood when looking at the advert and its cheap to replace but I actually like it :)

Remap on route for it

Caporegime
Out of curiosity, why did you go for a diesel?

The fuel economy of a petrol engine is far better than it used to be, the 335D will still drink fuel, diesel is more expensive than petrol these days, and I doubt it will be as much fun as a nice petrol straight 6 by a long shot.

And there is more to go wrong, and it will likely cost more to repair. :p

Oh but don't get me wrong, thats a very nice car! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Out of curiosity, why did you go for a diesel?

The fuel economy of a petrol engine is far better than it used to be, the 335D will still drink fuel, diesel is more expensive than petrol these days, and I doubt it will be as much fun as a nice petrol straight 6 by a long shot. ( i got 330miles a tank in the 500bhp m3)

And there is more to go wrong, and it will likely cost more to repair. :p

Oh but don't get me wrong, thats a very nice car! :D

Well mainly for fuel reasons, Ok so this is my work tool she will do 20-30k a year. I should have probably bought a 320D or VW Passat but its just not me.

The only think I could think of that had the power that I wanted and the drivability was the 335D. On my first tank of juice I have done 460 miles and it says I have a range of nearly 130 left so it isn't that bad on fuel. I couldn't see a petrol getting anywhere near that.

There is also the drive ability of the thing, I hadnt actually driven one very far before purchase, but its just a cruiser, so much torque all in a very nice rev band for perfect day to day driving. The build quality far exceeds my old E46 and even my old company car a 62plate 320d msport.

So far I am loving it

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/6269/rnml.jpg[/]

wharfedale 122
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img811/3832/3rb8.jpg[/]

First foray into hifi and after a long audition this combo came out on top for me sounding fantastic.[/QUOTE]

NAD amp! You will find that you become accustomed to the sound that a NAD outputs and find a lot of other amps just not cutting it and a such, difficult to upgrade to anything else but another NAD :D

Caporegime
Well mainly for fuel reasons, Ok so this is my work tool she will do 20-30k a year. I should have probably bought a 320D or VW Passat but its just not me.

The only think I could think of that had the power that I wanted and the drivability was the 335D. On my first tank of juice I have done 460 miles and it says I have a range of nearly 130 left so it isn't that bad on fuel. I couldn't see a petrol getting anywhere near that.

There is also the drive ability of the thing, I hadnt actually driven one very far before purchase, but its just a cruiser, so much torque all in a very nice rev band for perfect day to day driving. The build quality far exceeds my old E46 and even my old company car a 62plate 320d msport.

So far I am loving it

Fair point, well made. Just did some Googling and it seems I was drastically underestimating the fuel economy. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Fair point, well made. Just did some Googling and it seems I was drastically underestimating the fuel economy. :rolleyes:

:) lots of places rekon 30mpg. Already I think average 40mpg is very easy on a mixed motorway and usual town driving. The car is sublime really so powerful for a diesel and sounds very nice

Soldato
Another pair of trainers (not that high up on the Masculinity scale either eh Spangles? :p)
trainerrealflex_zpsa61b4b09.jpg

...and an Ossie Clark dress
ossieclark_zps60860fda.jpg

Man of Honour
Pair of ex-mod Meindl Desert Fox boots, while I send my Scarpa hiking boots off for repair.
A bargain price of £35, I wonder why mod sell these off, there's no marks on the sole, the uppers have a few scuff marks, they're advertised as used, but they can't of seen much use.

I really hope they aren't as or more comfortable seeing the price difference.

sbmv.jpg

Soldato
NAD amp! You will find that you become accustomed to the sound that a NAD outputs and find a lot of other amps just not cutting it and a such, difficult to upgrade to anything else but another NAD :D

Yeah tried a marantz too and while it was very good this blew me away, my brother who is no audiophile described the difference as night and day and I agreed sounds like there is 'more meat on the bone'. :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/Liam_Low/OCUK Photos/image_zps7f3973f2.jpg

"New" Monitor which arrived this morning with 3 marks on it ( Noticable) and 1 deep scratch but hey at the end of the day it was £50 off the bay so !

I thought for a moment i was sitting on a goldmine as we throw tons of these kinds of monitors at recycling companies;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-E176...mputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item2a2eb54a8f
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-E176FP-Screen-17-LCD-Monitor-/251302204356

Then i realised that they are all over ebay auctioning for as low as a few pounds, and BIN for around £15-£20? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah tried a marantz too and while it was very good this blew me away, my brother who is no audiophile described the difference as night and day and I agreed sounds like there is 'more meat on the bone'. :)

You're not wrong there. I 'upgraded' my 10 year old NAD amp from the lounge with a Marantz (spur of the moment purchase) and although it was a huge leap in technology (HDMI, customisable to the n'th degree etc) the sound isn't quite as good.

I'm literally running the NAD as computer speakers with a couple of old Mission 731i's I had lying around and I'm just impressed every time I use it.

Soldato
bit of a change

2007 Bmw 335D

Pic of the interior does not do it any justice, the cinnamon leather and wood actually go very well, I was not keen of the wood when looking at the advert and its cheap to replace but I actually like it :)

Remap on route for it

That's exactly the same as the car my dad used to have. He loved it and the fuel economy was exceptional for a car of its type, but I found it to be very much a driver's car. The back slipped out a little bit every time I changed lanes over cats eyes, and he had a nightmare with the amount of problems with run-flat tyres and the incorrect readings from the tyre pressure gauge.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Same here Bozeman, with the PC :)

Mine is on at least 8 hours a day, got used so much that the power transformer inside failed and was serviced by NAD, the engineer said it was the first time he'd seen that happen :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom