Access point with ethernet ports

Associate
I've got a room where the wifi is really weak. Its already got ethernet running into it so my TV can pick up films from the server so I'm looking to put a wireless access point in there. I'm trying to find an access point that has ethernet ports for plugging things into but I'm struggling. All of the AP's on OCUK appear to have no ethernet ports to plug devices into.

Can anyone suggest any models that fit the bill. Budget of around £40.

Cheers

Associate
OP
TP-Link-WA901ND 300 Mbps Wireless Access Point is around that budget and has an Ethernet port. Not sure how good it is though.

I'd looked at that one previously, but it only has a single ethernet port. I need one that has one ethernet port for connecting to the LAN, then up to 4 more for plugging in local devices.

I know they exist, I had a TP-Link device that had this until 6 months ago but I can't remember the model now.

Soldato
Get hold of a wireless router and configure it as an access point. Some routers now have a predefined access point mode, if not it's easy enough to change the settings manually.

Soldato
Get hold of a wireless router and configure it as an access point. Some routers now have a predefined access point mode, if not it's easy enough to change the settings manually.

This^. Just get an old router (if you have one), give it a static IP, disable DHCP on it and plug the cable in to one if it's LAN ports. This should give you 3 spare ones to plug devices in to.

Associate
I have a TP Link TL-WR702N which is wired to a 4 port switch that has my Sky Box, TV, Blu Ray and X-Box plugged into it.

Set up in AP mode and no issues at all.

Can be had for £18.00 from elsewhere and a TP Link TL-SG1005D 5 port gigabit switch can be had for £12.50, just over £30 total.

The AP only runs at 150 Mbps, but I have had no issues with it at all for TVOD and other bits and bobs from TV / X-Box side.

Back
Top Bottom