Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Look, I wouldn't **** him either, but it still doesn't stop this having more than a whiff of bull**** about it.

It's how they are all reporting the same names though that makes me think there is something in it, Luiz you can understand but like you say, why on earth would they want to 'give' Mata away.......there's more to this I think.

The Fabregas one doesn't make any sense on so many levels, with this one, if Jose really doesn't like the look of Mata (for whatever reason) whilst gushing over Rooney at every opportunity then it may have legs.

Soldato
There's a much broader thing to think about rather than just an easy deal such as that. Us selling one of our most high profile players, the most high profile English player etc, he's been heading of our marketing for so long, all sorts of other things - and then we sell him to a direct rival for the title, perhaps solving the issues with their squad, whilst they do have ample 'cover' for Mata, just not quite as special, they have a ladyboy up front.

Unlike most people I don't think Rooney is as 'finished' as a player as people on here want you to think and he is worth a lot to the club.

We shouldn't be letting him go cheaply to a direct rival in our league. If he was off abroad and it was a similar swap deal then it's a much easier decision.

Not sure how you could lose the league with Mata feeding rvp

Van Perise gets injured for 3 months.

Leaves us with one realistic striker that'll bag more than a goal a year.

Caporegime
Well we know chelsea have missed out on cavani, falcao, neymar, so there aren't many top strikers still on offer. If they want one it could have to be roo.

I'm concerned with the number of defenders we keep trying to buy. We either have no confidence is Evans, Jones or smalling or we want to go down the opposite route of all the most sucessful teams of late I.e we wanr to sticka defender into midfield when everyone else who wanrsto play good futball is trying to move their midfielders into defence!

Soldato
why would they turn down 10mil and mata :(

i doubt very much that happened

todays telegraph gives a more grounded angle on the certainty that rooney will be a chelsea player as the way he and his agent have engineered this has made his position untenable.

they say a figure of £25m. which is far more a realistic deal and one which united should snatch.

Soldato
10million plus a 25million player that could play at any club in the world for an overweight chav is unbelievable.

Why didnt JM sign him in 2004 when anyone could have had him for a cash buy instead of the giveaway deal ManU got for him

Caporegime
Van Perise gets injured for 3 months.

Leaves us with one realistic striker that'll bag more than a goal a year.

Has RVP actually missed more than 1-2 matches in his last year at Arsenal or first year at United? Assuming he stays fit then you should score a hilarious amount just between those two.

Soldato
Has RVP actually missed more than 1-2 matches in his last year at Arsenal or first year at United? Assuming he stays fit then you should score a hilarious amount just between those two.

His only 'injury' was against QPR when he fell into the camera pit and was taken off. He played on some medication and was bandaged heavily a few times, I think.

In terms of missing 1-2 matches he missed several where he stopped turning and bloody scoring for a while :p :D.

Associate
Although RA/Chelsea are probably stupid enough to make this deal, Luiz/Mata + £10M just seems like wishful thinking from pro Utd journalists. If we assume the £10M + player part is true, which players are most likely, and realistic that Utd would want or accept?

Torres - I think he is probably the player in question, but I can't see any reason before hell freezing over that Utd would take him.
Mikel - subject of that very weird fraud/not fraud by the Oslo president. Utd did want him, but now? also hard to see Chelsea letting him go N.B. Mourinho confirmed yesterday the DDR rumour is untrue.
Essien - has clearly been surplus to requirements, but perennially broken. Can't see this happening unless the offer is more like £20M-£25M + Essien.

Looking through the rest of the 1st team squad, it's hard to see where Chelsea are going to let players leave

Permabanned
It's not 'pro United' journalists though, it's the likes of SSN and the BBC that are reporting it, which is exactly my point, there seems to be a hell of a lot of people all saying the same thing which rarely happens.

As for your list I wouldn't want any of them.

Soldato
Although RA/Chelsea are probably stupid enough to make this deal, Luiz/Mata + £10M just seems like wishful thinking from pro Utd journalists. If we assume the £10M + player part is true, which players are most likely, and realistic that Utd would want or accept?

Either of the names mentioned would upgrade the Man U team massively, nothing needs to be said about Mata and Luiz has shown he can more than play a DM role.

As to those suggesting Moureen wouldn't be childish/stupid enough to get rid of 'Rafa's boys', get real the guy is a massive ***** of the highest order, even having a dig over the Europa LEague win in the papers the past few days.

there seems to be a hell of a lot of people all saying the same thing which rarely happens.

if lots of different reoprters are reporting it, then it happended 100%

Associate
It's not 'pro United' journalists though
but it only take one credible jounalist to say I got this money + unnamed player from a source inside Utd, then one other to say "the unnamed player is thought to be." So far it looks like all the reports are saying the the money + player part is true, the Luiz/Mata part is only being reported with the usual bull**** phrases to say it's not fact, only speculation

EDIT: and I should've said pro Utd or anti-Chelsea journalist

Permabanned
If we sign Mata with Rooney going the other way and we also bring Cescy back (yeah!) then I'll be quite happy going into the new season.

Incoming Biz formation..........

--------RvP---------
Mata--Kagawa--Nani
Fabregas----Carrick-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom