Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
if lots of different reoprters are reporting it, then it happended 100%

:/

I'm thinking not so much Twitter BS, I'm talking the BBC and Sky all running with it at the same time, all using the same names and then also reporting that United have turned it down. Not ITKagent9843957 on Twitter.

but it only take one credible jounalist to say I got this money + unnamed player from a source inside Utd, then one other to say "the unnamed player is thought to be." So far it looks like all the reports are saying the the money + player part is true, the Luiz/Mata part is only being reported with the usual bull**** phrases to say it's not fact, only speculation

EDIT: and I should've said pro Utd or anti-Chelsea journalist

See above, it all seems to have escalated today from a bid with players names involved, to United turning it down. Again not Twitter nonesense, pretty much every football blog/paper/website is reporting it.

Soldato
but it only take one credible jounalist to say I got this money + unnamed player from a source inside Utd, then one other to say "the unnamed player is thought to be." So far it looks like all the reports are saying the the money + player part is true, the Luiz/Mata part is only being reported with the usual bull**** phrases to say it's not fact, only speculation

it doesn't work like that though, if 1 journo has been briefed by a club/agent then the story will be an exclusive for that paper/news site. If multiple journos have been briefed (as per the cash + Mata/Luiz for Rooney story) then multile news outlets run with it, as it happening right now.

Soldato
:/

I'm thinking not so much Twitter BS, I'm talking the BBC and Sky all running with it at the same time, all using the same names and then also reporting that United have turned it down. Not ITKagent9843957 on Twitter.

I just think sites like the BBC and Sky are starting to jump on the 'twitter' bandwagon. In that they've seen how stories can break there first, so they try to 'keep up', but to do this they have to print more stories that are mostly unfounded.

The deal itself just makes no sense and I can't see how anyone would value Luiz at a similar price to Mata.

Soldato
Sevilla president just confirmed Negredo to City is close. Just waiting on a few documents then he will fly.

Presumably to South Africa but I suppose he may as well go to Hong Kong.

Soldato
Hasnt it been reported several times previously that Mourinho doesnt think Luiz or Mata fit into the way he wants Chelsea to play?

Doesnt make them bad players, but you'd think he'd try and fit them in. If Mata + £10m has really been offered than United should snap their hand off.

Soldato
RE Higuain:

Napoli are rumoured to be looking at Higuain as a replacement for Cavani, along with the guy Spurs have been after for a few seasons, Damiao. RM want to use him in any Suarez deal (can't see him wanting to drop out the CL though, stranger things have happened mind you).

Apparently the Brazilian window closes this weekend though so any deals involving Brazilian players need to be finalised by the weekend (no idea how true the Brazilian window thing is!).

Summary from various media reports - not twitter

Permabanned
I just think sites like the BBC and Sky are starting to jump on the 'twitter' bandwagon. In that they've seen how stories can break there first, so they try to 'keep up', but to do this they have to print more stories that are mostly unfounded.

The deal itself just makes no sense and I can't see how anyone would value Luiz at a similar price to Mata.

You may be right but I don't really remember the BBC getting involved in nonesense on their main page unless there was something in it.

Depends how Mourinho sees it, they have 3 very similar players in Mata/Oscar and Hazard, he may feel he can sacrifice one to bring in Rooney in the #10 role.

Oscar in off the right, Hazard off the left.

Soldato
I could see JM selling Luiz but not Mata. The 3 pronged attack worked well last season and only a mad man would break up that grouping whereas Luiz scores spectacular goals but does go walk about a little too much for JM.

Glad to see that Chelsea aren't going crazy with signings so far, just a few quality players and let the team settle again. Last season was a lot for the team to adjust to.

Soldato
I can see why Chelsea would want Rooney.

I can almost see why Mata and Luiz might be surplus to requirements at Chelsea.

I just can't see the two facts ever being put together and forming the offer that's apparently been made.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The only logic I can see to Uniteds refusal is because they have a number of other targets they are pursuing and they need to finish those before making a decision on Rooney.

The more likely truth is that United haven't been offered Mata and 10m at all and its 10m and the pick of a few other less vital players from the Chelsea squad. Luiz I can understand, Mata, not a chance in hell.

Associate
they have 3 very similar players in Mata/Oscar and Hazard
Of course I agree it's all on how Mourinho intends to play, but I'm not convinced they are three similar. For a while I've thought Chelsea intended this to be:

strikers
most advanced behind the strikers: Schurrle ~ Moses / Mata ~ Hazard
playmakers who can be deep or advanced: Oscar ~ De Bruyne
rest of the midfielders dm or cm

Caporegime
The only logic I can see to Uniteds refusal is because they have a number of other targets they are pursuing and they need to finish those before making a decision on Rooney.

The more likely truth is that United haven't been offered Mata and 10m at all and its 10m and the pick of a few other less vital players from the Chelsea squad. Luiz I can understand, Mata, not a chance in hell.

Logic bomb- moyes couldn't close a big deal if he tried m literally we have courted so many players and failed. Cant buy a good foreigner? Quick raid Everton!?! Oh no they don't have any great players either, well because moyes was their manager of course!

It becomes embarrassing when you have to turn to plan z and it's all been done publically.

Soldato
Logic bomb- moyes couldn't close a big deal if he tried m literally we have courted so many players and failed. Cant buy a good foreigner? Quick raid Everton!?! Oh no they don't have any great players either, well because moyes was their manager of course!

It becomes embarrassing when you have to turn to plan z and it's all been done publically.

Apparently David Villa's move to Athletico was done in 3 days, from interest to signing on the dotted line. Puts English clubs to shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom