Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Haha. I can't believe anyone thought that chelsea would offer mata + money for rooney. And that if such a deal were on the table, that man u would reject it. It's totally preposterous on all counts!

Mata and luiz will not go anywhere this summer. Rooney may still end up at chelsea though.

Soldato
Matt Hughes ‏@MattHughesTimes
9m
Chelsea strongly deny offering any player to United. They made a cash bid which was rejected. They're furious with Utd. Statement imminent.

4m
To clarify #cfc angry that two of their players have been thrown into the mix, which they blame on Utd. Insist Mata &. Luiz will both stay.

2m
Expect Mourinho to be very outspoken later and likely to criticise United. This will run and run. #rooney

Press seem to be talking like we leaked it all and are stirring the pot ourselves, not surprised.

Although I don't mind too much if we're doing things to wind them up slightly, after all, I am getting bored of the consistent pursuit by Jose & his players publicly gushing for Wayne.

EDIT: The soap opera going on between the journos is quite funny, some believing it's Chelsea playing games back etc and it's all one big push the blame. Quite amusing.

This window is a bit mental isn't it really.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Why on earth would United leak false information about a transfer which just happens to fit with the papers rhetoric about Mata and Luiz being out of favour with Mourinho earlier in the window. To be honest, it really wouldn't take much to make Rooney stick in a transfer request and I think that might be what Chelsea are trying to bait out of Rooney.

Soldato
I think, if anything, United are trying to get the transfer request out of Rooney if anything. They will want to paint him as the bad guy as much as possible, and the longer he stays 'officially' quiet the longer it'll drag on.

Associate
it fits - forcing Chelsea to go public can help raise the price as other clubs now know Chelsea bid. Rooney is further frustrated as the club show that they hold the power by refusing the bid publicly, and Chelsea (club and fans) are infuriated that their key players have been made out to be disposable. From Utds point of view: win, win, win

Last edited:
Soldato
RE Higuain:

Napoli are rumoured to be looking at Higuain as a replacement for Cavani, along with the guy Spurs have been after for a few seasons, Damiao. RM want to use him in any Suarez deal (can't see him wanting to drop out the CL though, stranger things have happened mind you).

Apparently the Brazilian window closes this weekend though so any deals involving Brazilian players need to be finalised by the weekend (no idea how true the Brazilian window thing is!).

Summary from various media reports - not twitter

That story is actually entirely from Twitter ;) The Napoli chairman did a Q&A session on twitter, and someone asked him if they would be interested in either player, and he confirmed they would be.

Soldato
That story is actually entirely from Twitter ;) The Napoli chairman did a Q&A session on twitter, and someone asked him if they would be interested in either player, and he confirmed they would be.

Bah, journo's should quote their damn sources when doing articles!! At least it isn't made up twitter **** **** for a change.

Man of Honour
So I guess we want £15/20m + Mata for Rooney if we've turned it down. I'd probably have taken the £10m to make sure we get the deal done before Chelsea see sense.

Really hope it comes off though, Mata is an incredible player and would be far more effective than the modern day Wayne Rooney.

It seems fairly legit too.

Not interested in Luiz. Perhaps both though? :p

AGD

AGD

Soldato
So I guess we want £15/20m + Mata for Rooney if we've turned it down. I'd probably have taken the £10m to make sure we get the deal done before Chelsea see sense.

Really hope it comes off though, Mata is an incredible player and would be far more effective than the modern day Wayne Rooney.

Lol. I assume you are joking. You do realise that chelsea are not selling/swapping mata right?

Soldato

I'm not sure anything seems legit, bar that Chelsea are interested and want Wayne Rooney and that we've kept our 'not for sale' stance :p.

The rest of it could be made up by us, not made up by us but Chelsea want to publicly deny it and all other manner of things, who knows what's real/not real.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure anything seems legit, bar that Chelsea are interested and want Wayne Rooney and that we've kept our 'not for sale' stance :p.

The rest of it could be made up by us, not made up by us but Chelsea want to publicly deny it and all other manner of things, who knows what's real/not real.

Chelsea have just confirmed they bid but claim they didn't offer a player. Wonder how much we'll accept.

In fairness they would never admit to offering a player who isn't on the way out unless they're very confident they can get the deal done.

Associate
SSN: Chelsea confirm bid for Rooney, deny any players offered in exchange

Here is the Chelsea statement as printed in the SSN article:

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. "Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is currently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase price does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom