Who knows your PIN?

Soldato
No one.

If there's an absolute emergency, they have my card and I cannot be there, then I could give them it on the phone. Happened once, still changed the PIN.

Money does funny things to people sometimes ;)

Caporegime
Guys a serious question

If only you know you PIN...
How do you get money out of the banks cash machines ;)

Only me and the banks computer system knows my PIN.....

Soldato
Your bank will ask you in any fraud complaint if you have shared your PIN. I prefer not to lie and just keep it to myself.

This is a very good point. If your card is used for fraudulent purposes they'll ask a series of questions, including "does anybody else know the PIN". If you answer "yes", say goodbye to the automatic refund.

Soldato
My wife could probably guess my PIN number but it'll only work with my card and that's with me at all times.

Having said that it's a shared account so she can get at my money with her own card anyway :( :D

Soldato
I know my mates, he doesn't know mine. But we're both self employed together and I troll him by using it. May get him to change it tbh.

But it is good idea nobody knows your pin really in case anything goes missing. Obviously both friends of 10yrs though so both know each other well with money.

Soldato
Once to my sister when she went to settle up a bill.

My other half when I needed some money and couldn't go for some reason.

And some friends when it was my round of drinks and again I was unable to get to the bar.

If they remember it and steal my card and use it - then shame on them.

I balance my account every month, and cross check my spending on MS Money. So I find out fairly quickly if there's been undue activity on my card.

If I can't trust my friends and loved ones then what hope do we have as a human race!

Exactly. My gf knows my PIN, hardly the end of the world!

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
GF and a 2 very close friends know mine, parents know it but have forgotten. As someone else said, knowing my PIN and actually having my card is completely different.

Caporegime
My mum and brother know mine.

Does not bother me in the slightest as I trust them both implicitly.

I also have most of my money in mums account. As you may be aware, I have suffered very bad health and if anything happens to me, I would rather my mum just have my money straight away rather than go through the rigmarole of probate.

Man of Honour
hehe :p Don't really do cricket I'm afraid - should have tempted me with the Tennis! :D

For Barlcays I use the barclays app, for santander I use the santander app!

I use MS Money at home which is free to download.

However, I have used account tracker for iphone and easymoney for android - to good effect when I was still getting my finances in order. Now I just do my books once a month rather than worry about tracking it on the move - I can log onto my bank accounts remotely using their apps.

In a more simple world I'd by able to synch ms money to an app - so I could update it on the fly - but for the sake of 30 mins a month - it really isn't a problem.

Initially setting up all your accounts, DD, and creating your budget is a little bit boring/painstaking - but now, I just plug the numbers in and anything that I don't have a receipt for which I cannot identify, I investigate.

Over the past 3 years, I've had 4 dodgy occurrences on my account, 2 of which were genuine issues (company kept taking money for something I had unsubscribed from), 2 of which the name of the trading company didn't ring a bell - but was all sorted.

People will say it's over kill, but at least I can feel fairly confident when I'm spending my money of what I've got in my bank accounts :)

Soldato
urm... i was a little flippant with my pin the last time i was out on the lash in manchester, i was just giving anyone who could be bothered to walk to the bar my card, and my pin to get the drinks in....

in hindsight, i should probably change it :/

Back
Top Bottom