The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
dcqp.jpg

Bought this a year ago. Finally decided it was time to try it for my supper.

kk7h.jpg

Really nice. Not as fishy as I was expecting it to be. A bit expensive at £3.99 a tin though. But at least I liked it :)

Associate
Chowder never looks appetizing, but can be amazing.

I had smoke salmon chowder from a sour dough bread bowl whilst on holiday in the states last year, it had so much flavour! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

This evening we had quit a nice Thai chicken noodle dinner round a friends house.

Man of Honour
my flat mate said he'd cook scampi n chips for 7pm... great :)
@ 7pm the oven isnt even on!
10 minutes past 7pm cainers eating house special chop suey & s+s chicken balls from the chinky accross the road :D
11 minutes past 7pm my flat mate whines that he would have liked chinese too..
cainer tells flat mate too late.. fu.. closes door finishes chinese food and has a siesta :p

Soldato
I haven't eaten all day and am just back from a few pints at the pub in the sun therefore I have far too many carbs in the oven for a normal person.

:):D

Man of Honour
Moricha Lamb curry and Puri

Love this curry, naga hot but with such a nice blend of flvoour.
However the curse of the human body. Where before I used to be in pain,just a slight sweet on these days. It doesn't quite give me that chiili kick anymore. But so many hotter things be it sauces etc. lack balance/flavour. And heat with out flavour is pointless.

Soldato
Went to Maiyango for my sister's graduation in Leicester:
(Not all of my dishes!)

Duck spring roll, terrine and parfait.
IMG_1368.jpg

Seared scallops.
IMG_1369.jpg

Tian of crab and avocado (I think it was)
IMG_1370.jpg

Organic rump of lamb.
IMG_1371.jpg

Fillet of beef.
IMG_1372.jpg

Chocolate fondant and salted caramel ice cream.
IMG_1373.jpg

Panna cotta.
IMG_1375.jpg

Soldato
+1 looks great, and plentiful :)

Plentiful? Eh... maybe its the fact I grew up in a small town and dont get to a lot of fancy resteraunts, but I always look at those tiny little portions and feel like their slightly ripping people off.

I know its all about quality over quantity in these places, but I still think they could give more, especially for the high prices they charge.

Soldato
Very fancy looking dishes there Razor. Cant imagine that was a cheap meal.

Not cheap but wasn't too expensive! £30 a head for 3 courses which is pretty reasonable.

Plentiful? Eh... maybe its the fact I grew up in a small town and dont get to a lot of fancy resteraunts, but I always look at those tiny little portions and feel like their slightly ripping people off.

I only really eat at fancy restaurants for special occasions and I'm a pretty big eater, but it was enough, probably because of the wait between each course so the food settles rather than eating all in one go and before your stomach has time to let you know you're full!

Soldato
And went to Cherry Duck in Bristol for my graduation.
This was £25 a head for 3 courses and I liked it a lot more than Maiyango. Steal!

Tomato soup.
IMG_1610.jpg

Seared scallops with sous vide chorizo (this was awesome!).
IMG_1611.jpg

Duck with beetroot sauce.
IMG_1617.jpg

Roast guinea fowl.
IMG_1618.jpg

Sticky almond tart with vanilla marscarpone and raspberry sorbet.
IMG_1622.jpg

Chocolate fondant with sesame brittle and salted caramel ice cream.
IMG_1623.jpg

Panna cotta with cheese ice cream (this was WEIRD) and poppy seed biscuit.
IMG_1624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom