Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So renting a Rug Doctor comes with all the bits as standard that I need for cleaning my fabric car seats and upholstery etc.? They don't make this very clear on the website - do I have to buy bottles additionally on top of renting the machine?

From what I remember when using one in Student House, it comes with the normal carpet cleaner thing like a vacuum cleaner (so no use in a car) and a gun/lance thing to use on seats and upholstery etc. They don't come with the cleaner concentrate fluid, you pay extra for that. IIRC we paid £40 for 24/hrs and a bottle of detergent.

Soldato
Some serious bling!

4ozv.jpg

Associate
Ahh.......you can see I'm rather new to all this - It's only in the last year or so I've started using the two bucket method for washing!!.

**EDIT** Is it 476 or 746?. I can't seem to find any mention of Collinite 746 online anywhere but there's plenty of 476?

Its Collinite 476s :D (i think it was a typo)

Soldato
so tonight after the sun went behind the house i pulled the car into the drive way to start washing it when a group of young boys from the street came up to and asked if i wanted them to was it.

looking at their bucket and sponge and one of them carrying some kind of liquid in a spray bottle i then looked at my 2 buckets, lambs wool mit and snowfoam bottle.

i let them down gently.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Gave interior a good going over yesterday, had the mats out and gave them a good scrub with some carpet cleaner and then a thorough jet-wash. Looking like new now! On the list today is to clean up the leather seats to remove the horrible shine they're showing, and order some dye to repair the driver and passenger bolster. Pics shall follow.

Soldato
Its Collinite 476s :D (i think it was a typo)

:(

i let them down gently.

Ha! I've had similar experiences with the street-rats around here. The worst I've seen was sitting in the car park of Sainsbury's watching the 'hand car wash' chaps. Everything that touched the car from the water to the cloths was disgusting!

On the list today is to clean up the leather seats to remove the horrible shine they're showing, and order some dye to repair the driver and passenger bolster. Pics shall follow.

I'd love to know how you get on with the leather dye, I've got some pretty serious work to do on the MX-5.

Soldato
I'd love to know how you get on with the leather dye, I've got some pretty serious work to do on the MX-5.

Shall let you know, which one were you thinking of using? I really fancy the Gliptone Scuffmaster kit, but going to pop to Halfrauds today and see if they have anything I could buy and have today (impatience :p)

Soldato
Shall let you know, which one were you thinking of using? I really fancy the Gliptone Scuffmaster kit, but going to pop to Halfrauds today and see if they have anything I could buy and have today (impatience :p)

Yep, I've heard great things about the Gliptone stuff.

I am also tempted to get the traveling leather doctor to come out and do it for me. :p

Soldato
Yep, I've heard great things about the Gliptone stuff.

I am also tempted to get the traveling leather doctor to come out and do it for me. :p

They didn't have any dye kits so will order the scuffmaster stuff. Bought some AG Leather cleaner though and I'm quite impressed, has improved the seats a bit (not perfect but there is 10 years of **** grime and wear on there!) but I'm really impressed at how much it's changed the steering wheel, it's completely matte now. Took a pic on phone but it was terrible, shall take a better one later.

Although that would get you brilliant results, it would cost you loads and that's just being lazy :p

Soldato
Pike, I'm jealous of you for having soft enough water so that you can get away with that lol.

Ironically it looks shiny in the photo lol, in person it is much better.

_MG_3134.jpg

The seats, still have some work to do on them and reckon another thorough scrubbing will benefit, but for the time being I'm happy.

_MG_3151.jpg

The carpet mat was perfect, but I'd just given mum a lift before the photo and our driveway is really dusty :(

_MG_3150.jpg

Associate
new to this guys.... I have just waxed me and the wife's car and my applicator pad is dirty as well as my plush buffing cloth. do you wash them with soapy water or leave them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom