Pubs with self service beer taps.

Soldato
I would also be interested - they have a chain in Europe called "The Pub", which I loved.

It is probably the most amazing place in existence. Especially in Prague where they sell Pilsner Urquell through the taps. Definitely one of my favourite beers throughout Europe.

Would love to go somewhere similar in the UK! Hopefully not Fosters / Carling on tap though. :(

Soldato
The Bierkeller in Liverpool does this, however, you book and pay for the keg in advance, and when you arrive you have your own booth surrounding a table with it's own pump and a shelf full of glasses, You just help yourself, which is pretty good if you have a big group going.

Or if you have a problem.

Soldato
The Beer Factory in Prague goes one step further. Not only do you get a pump at your table, serving very good Pilsner Urquell, it broadcasts on a wall how many litres each table has drunk. Gets messy every time. :D

Associate
I know you were specifically asking for the Yorkshire area, but for anyone else interested in the London Area:

http://thethirstybear.com/
Taps on each table, and also iPads so that you can order other food/drinks from the table

http://thelazyfox.rpgpubs.com/
They have a wall of beer from which you can choose which to pour.

+1 for Thirsty Bear.... Went as part of a mates stag weekend in London. Awesome being able to serve yourself, great atmosphere, and incredible burgers!

Soldato
It can be but I've always found I drink slightly less as you're not always rushing to finish the last bit of pint to get a round in etc.

It's especially good for dinner times where you finish your pint but can't quite justify another pint so you just top up a little extra :)

Associate
Is it legal to pay per ml in the UK?
was under the impressions certain % alcohol had to be under some amount or had higher tax?

Associate
was getting confused with this
High Strength Beer Duty is charged on beer that exceeds 7.5% ABV and this is in addition to the General Beer Duty. This additional charge is set at £5.09. For example, if you release a batch of 5 hectolitres of beer of a strength 8.0% ABV, your Beer Duty liability is £968.40:

General Beer Duty - £19.12 × 5 × 8 = £764.80

High Strength Beer Duty - £5.09 × 5 × 8 = £203.60

Back
Top Bottom