Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyway, so for Arsenal its all about Bernard signing (maybe) and Santos leaving.

Suarez being rumoured to be telling Liverpool he wants to join Arsenal (paper talk)

And last I heard on Higuain is that he is off to Chelski

Soldato
Higuain could well be a rouse to get Man Utd to sell Rooney quickly (as Chelsea only real option.) Not that that would work.

So basically Arsenal are after Suarez to get RM to sell Higuain

RM want to sell Higuain to get Bale

Chelski are after Higuain to get Rooney

Someone really needs to sit these people down and slap them

Caporegime
I think Arsenal genuinely wouldn't mind Suarez in the same way Chelsea wouldn't mind Higuain. I don't think either were the clubs first choices, although in the case of Arsenal, perhaps Suarez is starting to make more sense than Higuain as a transfer.

Soldato
New 30m bid plus add ons made for Fabregas according to SSN and other sources, we've surely been given some kind if incentive to make these bids otherwise its a pretty pointless exercise

Soldato
I think Arsenal genuinely wouldn't mind Suarez in the same way Chelsea wouldn't mind Higuain. I don't think either were the clubs first choices, although in the case of Arsenal, perhaps Suarez is starting to make more sense than Higuain as a transfer.

Yeah I think Suarez as a player is brilliant and would love him at Arsenal. But his personality is less to be desired.

Soldato
This all still strikes me as Manyoo trying to appease fans by appearing to be after big names - Thiago/Fabregas/Moura/Hazard/etc/etc - whilst in reality the owners aren't willing to drop the cash.

Tosh

Sensible deals were in place for the likes of Moura and Hazard. With Moura the Arabs, enticed him to 'The Project' with a considerably higher wage than what we offered. It's not a simple case of dropping the cash as you suggest. What if you sign Moura and Hazard and they are both on £150k per week. Next thing you know, every one else who is in lower will want parity. Disappointing when you don't get the big names, even more disappointing when your team goes down the toilet chasing the dream like Leeds did.

Soldato
Tosh

Sensible deals were in place for the likes of Moura and Hazard. With Moura the Arabs, enticed him to 'The Project' with a considerably higher wage than what we offered. It's not a simple case of dropping the cash as you suggest. What if you sign Moura and Hazard and they are both on £150k per week. Next thing you know, every one else who is in lower will want parity. Disappointing when you don't get the big names, even more disappointing when your team goes down the toilet chasing the dream like Leeds did.

Not willing to pay Hazzard and Moura £150k each but are willing to pay Rooney £250k plus to sit on the bench?

Man of Honour
Sky sources: Man Utd have made an improved £30m bid plus add-ons for Cesc Fabregas.

That's about €35m~ then, so if the add-ons are pretty lucrative it may be enough, but I think it will still take more.

Not willing to pay Hazzard and Moura £150k each but are willing to pay Rooney £250k plus to sit on the bench?

Quite different situations really.

Soldato

You can't be serious?

For starters if Rooney has indeed become a benchwarmer its happened two years after he signed that contract, secondly the notion that he was a benchwarmer last season is a complete fabrication; up until the Madrid game he was still one of the first names on the team sheet (and it was probably Rooney's reaction to getting dropped for that game which saw him start a few more games following that also on the bench)

Soldato

Rooney already proven and established in the team. Not to mention Moura got offered a higher wage and his agent made more from PSG than from us. That deal was never going to happen once they got the bone for him

Soldato
That's about €35m~ then, so if the add-ons are pretty lucrative it may be enough, but I think it will still take more.

Quite different situations really.

Very true, why have 2 hungry young players that would improve your team when you can pay the wages to a fat, sulking, granny ******* that sits on the bench.

Man of Honour
Very true, why have 2 hungry young players that would improve your team when you can pay the wages to a fat, sulking, granny ******* that sits on the bench.

That's one way to look at him, another is that he's a pretty exceptional player so had he recaptured his form he would have been worth it. If that is what he's paid. Without knowing various figures (like what we wanted to offer Moura compared to PSG) it's rather difficult to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom