What to do?

Man of Honour
/Blu rays etc

How can you not have space to pile blu-rays in the room?! Why would you choose to leave your blu-rays with somebody you'd never met over just putting up with tripping over them in your own room?

This just gets more weird :confused:

The whole thing is a mess and I don't know how you are going to sort it out - you've no relationship with the guy who lives there, there is no physically proof any of the stuff is yours or that it was ever even there.

I can't imagine this is going to end with anything other than you putting it down to experience and buying some new blu-rays.

Soldato
OP
The guy has agreed to return anything that is left. Inc the PC. He doesn't know what else is left in there.

LIke I say Fox. Mother is selling our current house and my collection was too big to store. I can't put it any clearer.

Man of Honour
The guy has agreed to return anything that is left. Inc the PC. He doesn't know what else is left in there.

LIke I say Fox. Mother is selling our current house and my collection was too big to store. I can't put it any clearer.

Could have hired some secure storage or even a lockup garage at a push.

The problem now is proving the stuff is yours and working out who is liable ( if you wanted to sue).

Soldato
Sounds to me like typical female irrational behaviour!

Im past trying to understand the bonkers thinking process of most females... don't get me wrong there are some nice normal women out there, but from personal experience when things like this happen its usually the woman who has some how got the hump with you but neglects to inform you of the reason or even explain herself, they just pop straight to nutter mode! I will make a guess that shes a bit if a spoilt princess?

Hope you get the stuff back and take her to small claims for the bed, out of principle even if you don't get anywhere with it! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you not have an attic/garage at your parents house where you could have stored it? Even a storage place wouldn't charge much! Lesson learnt I guess.

Associate
Bitches aint **** but hose and bricks.

Think the term you are looking for is Hoes & Tricks :D

Re OP:ask yourself short of the PC, how much financial loss have you suffered, weigh this against the proverbial ball ache that you will no doubt encounter in trying to regain any of this though legal channels. If you go to court and they choose in your favour, you will most likely get it at a rate of like £5 / month or week.

IMO, unless you want to make some petty point over some goods, which you really should have kept a tighter leash on, I'd get back what you can, and be done with. Break contact with these people, move on lesson learnt.

Caporegime
You let your friend look after your expensive items for you whilst your parents sell their house. Nothing wrong there. Then your friend moves out and leaves the items with some random ex. Alarm bells ringing... yet you didn't see anything wrong with it? Wow. :o

Associate
So she got booted from being a volunteer and you don't know why? What if it was for stealing? Then you agree she is the right person to store thousands of pounds of your items?

Back
Top Bottom