Food supply for a month £30?

Soldato
Or just shop a half hour before closing, get reduced stuff and freeze it? Get a loaf of bread, freeze it and take out what you want to use the night/day before. Get loafs for about 20-40p. Buy the cheapest chicken you can get usually £3 for a smart price one, easy couple of meals/soups there.

If you had to do this everyday then get to know where the reduced isle is and what time they mark items down at. Walk there with plenty of time (you're unemployed what else do you have to do?) take a calculator with you or use your phone and do the math.

£30 is easy if you avoid full price anything and use your freezer wisely.

Permabanned
Instant noodles.
When i came to uk i was broke and all. All iw as eating was instant noodles for bit over a month before i got my first paycheck.
Lost some weight while doign that so :)

Associate
Sainsbury's do a 4 pint jug of 1% fat milk, and tastes like semi skimmed really.
For reference, full fat = 4%, semi skimmed = 2% and full skimmed = 0.1%

Also just read this article on the Guardian, which talks about this site here and the woman that runs it.
Lots of super cheap and healthy recipes by the looks of things.

Soldato
Not being an *** !!! BUT!!! ;)

You can make extra money easy! Try Ebay or if you not shy Cam4 whatever you can if you in that boat !!! Do what it takes, dont just sit there and say "Oh I got £30 a month for food how can i manage!!" Say "How can I make extra money for food " ;)

Stay positive and dont say thats all I got, because everyone has something to offer of value no matter what!! :D

Soldato
One of the best ways to beat the lack of money would be to scour charity shops for stuff that's been heavily underpriced, and then sell it on the bay. I've done this before.

Back
Top Bottom