• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Caporegime
Give them a call.

I had no problems with communication from them, so I'm puzzled as to why they haven't even sent you an email. I had to wait two or three weeks to receive my new card, though in my case they didn't have the replacement card in stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would suspect that GB Tech in the UK are not dealing with it. Retailers tend to send things back to their suppliers and often that is overseas. I'd suggest in future to use GB Tech direct, they are fast and extremely helpful.

Associate
Hey
First post (long winded) and unfortunately not an overly positive one . Bought a EVGA GTX780 SC on the 6th of June. Card unfortunately had what I would consider audible Coil whine. Used the GPU extensively over the next few weeks to see would it quieten Down. It didn't.

Raised a Support ticket on the 3rd of July. Listed the steps I tried to eliminate the GPU as the cause of the coil whine. Got tired when I was again asked questions that I'd already answered in detail. I felt I was just repeating myself at this point so contacted the EVGA EU support manager on the 5th. He was quite helpful and suggested I request an RMA.
He also informed me that as I was within 30 days and my card was classed as new I would receive assistance with Courier fees (€71)

I submitted the RMA on the 5th. with it being a friday I didn't get RMA approval to the following tuesday the 8th, 2 days past the 30 day mark. My Courier collected my card on the 11th (UPS standard) and it was delivered on the 18th.

I received my Replacement today and it's a refurb. I assumed I would be receiving a New card but apparently not as according to EVGA i'm outside 30 days. I raised the issue and submitted an RMA with EVGA before 30 days. They're also counting the time it took for the GPU to reach Germany via Courier in the 30 days which I find daft. I have also not received anything towards the initial courier fees.

On the plus Side the replacment has no coil whine. The ACX cooler also performs better than the stock cooler imo. Turnaround time was also decent.

tl;dr I didn't get to experience this awesome EVGA customer support I keep hearing about :)

Soldato
Club3d, Powercolor and VTX3d are all the same company under TUL Corp.

The RMA is actually decent as they have a Europe RMA center.

Associate
My GTX 570 is off to Asus today for RMA, Ill keep updated on the progress and details of any repair or replacement.
The GTX 570 was always hitting 97C under load.

OCUK were very helpful but I was warned of the 28+ days time to wait for ASUS to act.
I will have to purchase a replacement in the mean time and unsurprisingly it will be either EVGA, MSI or Gigabyte.

I would imagine a replacement would end up being a refurb (I'm hoping not) possibly a GTX 660ti

Last edited:
Associate
My GTX 570 is off to Asus today for RMA, Ill keep updated on the progress and details of any repair or replacement.
The GTX 570 was always hitting 97C under load.

OCUK were very helpful but I was warned of the 28+ days time to wait for ASUS to act.
I will have to purchase a replacement in the mean time and unsurprisingly it will be either EVGA, MSI or Gigabyte.

I would imagine a replacement would end up being a refurb (I'm hoping not) possibly a GTX 660ti

just as a head up it took me over 60days to get my new gpu from asus, shipped 6.6 recieved 8.8. And new one had visual defekts/damage

Associate
just as a head up it took me over 60days to get my new gpu from asus, shipped 6.6 recieved 8.8. And new one had visual defekts/damage

Thanks for letting me know. There does appear to be allot of complaints regarding their handling of replacement cards. They must be refurbs with issues that Asus choose to ignore.

What did you RMA and end up receiving as a replacement?

Shame you had to wait longer than 28 days as I thought that was the limit.

I gave the recent deals on the Asus 6xx cards a miss after this poor RMA show from ASUS.

Associate
I though OcUK dealt with Asus RMA's for the whole 3 years?

They handle it to a point. The only thing Overclockers can do is pass on the card to Asus and wait for the outcome. If it reaches 28 days you can contact Overclockers who will chase things up or provide a replacement and bill Asus.

You can only contact Asus directly if the original retailer has gone out of business.

Back
Top Bottom