Opinions on new MacBook Air

Soldato
I don't believe that this has been posted anywhere, but I have noticed that they have released an update concerning the wireless problems.

9317271361_dedaebee4c_o.png

Soldato
well macbook air setup and running battery life is amazing runs just like my imac so can't complain.

Airport extreme is hopefully arriving tommorow so will let you know how the AC speeds are

How did you get on? Interested to know what the range is like on these. I've got the previous gen 3tb TC and I'm looking to swap to the new 3TB one.

Thinking the new layout will lead to better signal strength.

Also quite interested in peoples thoughts on SSD size. I definitely think 256GB is the lowest we can get away with, but I'm now thinking it might not be big enough to include bootcamp. All we would have on the Windows partition is Windows (currently got Win 7 on this MBP, but would consider Win 8 if its worth the step up) and Office 2007. So I'm thinking chuck Windows 100 GB to be sure its got space in case I want to throw on a few games/whatever, and then 156GB for the Mac Side.

Thoughts?

Soldato
I have 256Gb in mine, and I have my rather large iTunes folders, pictures, Rome total war, garageband (all loops), office and minecraft installed along with the OS X stuff, and I have 198Gb left or the 'useable' 250Gb.

Just a basic idea for that storage size. :)

Associate
Mine is due for delivery on 29th. Can't wait, my 2nd Mac product. I still use my iPad 2 daily. Gone for the i7, 8GB and 256GB SSD.

I have just that my friend. may I just say that is an Excellent Laptop. Best Ive ever owned. I have the X1 Carb, X220, Retina etc but the Airbook for me is by far the best.

Soldato
I have that setup and love it. Never had a laptop before, but had to concede to having one with wanting to use my own machine at Uni as well as having portability. Absolutely brilliant, and have seen the battery monitor saying I can get well over 15 hours off light usage. Not tried it for a full use yet though, but hammering it in Rome: Total War gets it warm and kills the battery in around 3 hours. And my god, it is FAST.

Here is my Cinebench result:

9320957008_2a9366c9cb_o.png

daz

daz

Soldato
I need at least 1920 x 1080 to work efficiently so it's a shame they've stuck with such a low resolution on these models. :(

Back
Top Bottom