What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
1085034_703356379680219_364917016_o.jpg

976716_703356419680215_1743459677_o.jpg

Update. Wont be perfect but better than it was :D

Soldato
Took my car in for it's MoT...failed on the steering rack gaiters (not fastened) and the headlight beam pattern :(

It transpired that the people who did my steering rack and tracking (new front tyres, new track rod ends, new track rods) didn't fasten the gaiter on properly...the headlight beam pattern was my own doing, I swear that car eats through Nightbreaker Plus bulbs :eek:

So I had a moan and whinge at them, did my headlights again and they fitted me in today and I got back to the MoT station for a free retest today just in time -- so I'm taxed and tested for the next year now and happy woo :)

Still expensive though, £175 for 12 months tax and £30 for the MoT. Got my insurance this September to look forwards to now!

Associate
What I did to my gen 3 Hyundai coupé V6 -

1) Fitted K&N panel filter to replace paper filter
2) Re-greased sliding pins on all brake callipers
3) Changed rear brake discs to drilled/grooved so they match the front that I did a few months ago.
4) Changed rear brake pads

My car no longer makes makes a grinding noise when I stop

Soldato
Today I came to the conclusion the Megane 225 'Cup' can not half shift, and how the noise you get from ~2,750 RPM onward is just fantastic, like something being sucked into a vacuum cleaner. This was on the way to and way back from Sunderland Air Show with a couple of friends, one of which isn't a great passenger :D

Soldato
Not anything to do with my car.

Yesterday me and my cousin went to Available car so he could look at some 1 and 3series. I noticed a 59plate XF 3ltr with 42k miles for £15k, didn't know these was so cheap :eek:

Just looking on Autotrader now and you can grab them with decent mileage for £12k+. Some 4.2 V8's 400+BHP going for £14k. Madness! XK's are coming down to a pretty sum too...

Dunno why anyone would spend £15k on a Merc or BMW when they could get a JAGGGGG. Stunning cars.

Soldato
Yep, TT 225. Could be on it's way out, it is a black one and not the later green one.

I think black is a really nice colour for a TT and definitely not a good reason to sell the car.

As for the temp sensor, they are four pin jobbies, one sensor for the dashboard, one for the ecu (cant think why really?)

If you have that Android app called Torque its really quick and easy to keep tabs on what the ECU is reporting

Soldato
I think black is a really nice colour for a TT and definitely not a good reason to sell the car.

As for the temp sensor, they are four pin jobbies, one sensor for the dashboard, one for the ecu (cant think why really?)

If you have that Android app called Torque its really quick and easy to keep tabs on what the ECU is reporting

Haha I meant the older black temp sensor, not the later green one :D The reported temp to both the pod and the ecu was -10. Hasn't done it since, but it's dead easy to replace anyway.

Mine is a moro blue, would only ship it on if the engine were to implode

Soldato
if youre fond of the car i recommend you get the sump down and clean out the oil pump pick up and clean the inside of the sump as thats possibly the biggest 1.8t killer

Soldato
OP
Argh! I knew it had to break at some point... :p

A few weeks ago, when I got into the car at work and started reversing there was a huge bang. So loud infact, that security came out of their hut at the other end of the car park. I checked everything over, couldn't find anything untoward and drove home as usual.

I've heard a knocking noise when going over bumps for a couple of weeks, so thought I'd check the ball joints on the lower arm. Turns out the ball joint connecting the hub to the lower arm is totally shot, which is annoying as the arm is only around 2 years old. I also found out the front spring has snapped clean in two - that'll be what the bang was...

Not impressed. :o

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Did this yesterday but oh well :p

Had a delivery arrive a few days early!

_MG_3158.jpg

LED conversion kit for all interior lights on the E46 and the rear numberplate lights. I was skeptical about doing it as I wanted to keep the fade that the stock lights have when they come on, plus I didn't want it too look like a bruv owned the car. All the LEDs look quite blue in the photos but in the flesh they are just very bright white.

This group was horrible to change, had to really go at it for ages with a knife despite knowing where the clips were. Managed it in the end thankfully.

_MG_3161.jpg

_MG_3166.jpg

This one proved nice and easy to gain access to.

_MG_3162.jpg

_MG_3165.jpg

Haven't yet taken pics as I was busy last night and it's not dark enough to notice yet, but the foot-wells, glove box and inside the boot have all been done as well. Both the glovebox and boot seriously add to the visibility when it's dark, the foot-wells just look cool :p

The rear number plate looks awesome, will snap a photo at night but it just looks so much better than the previous orange bulbs.

_MG_3159.jpg

White LED sidelights are on their way too as the orange ones currently in look stupid next to the xenons, so should even the front out nicely. After that, only the reversing and fog lights aren't LED on the entire car (excluding xenons), but the minimal use they get mean that I really don't think it's worth changing them tbh.

Soldato
Argh! I knew it had to break at some point... :p

A few weeks ago, when I got into the car at work and started reversing there was a huge bang. So loud infact, that security came out of their hut at the other end of the car park. I checked everything over, couldn't find anything untoward and drove home as usual.

I've heard a knocking noise when going over bumps for a couple of weeks, so thought I'd check the ball joints on the lower arm. Turns out the ball joint connecting the hub to the lower arm is totally shot, which is annoying as the arm is only around 2 years old. I also found out the front spring has snapped clean in two - that'll be what the bang was...

Not impressed. :o

Quelle surprise.

Permabanned
Finally got around to changing the oil, had a bargain at Halfords, £10 for 4L Fully Synthetic :)
As usual I couldn't find the oil can wrench, luckily I found a spare chain strap that worked.

The oil drain bolt was jammed solid, undoubtedly another garage monkey overtightening the darn thing (why do they ALWAYS do this??? it's a no-load fixing FFS). I broke my 13mm bit trying to get it off, never broken one of those before.

Now on eBay looking for a wing mirror, MOT is due soon.
£260 car tax, thanks for nothing Cameron.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom