Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
1094788_705298532819337_1633343919_n.jpg

Muffin` does not matter look at weight :)
-Ad- I had it in hand before and i love it. Thats why i was looking for one but not paying 60 pounds for gear knob lolz
Remember I am on 14k a year wage. Leaves me with peanuts after bills and car insurance :/
I hate OEM one cause its cold in winter hot in summer and heavy as ****.
With this one i wont be driving with gloves on all the time maybe :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The X is the best road going EVO ever, by quite some distance, they got the suspension tunings absolute spot on. Even the worse of roads it handles with a breeze and is hugely confidence inspiring.

Just remember tyres, when I got my X after 3 months I was going to sell it as it was running Vedstrein Ultrac Sessentas which are not a bad tyre, but on the EVO they just made it feel numb, so be ware of the tyre as the EVO X seems to be picky. When I fitted AD08's I no longer wanted to sell it and kept it another 12 months, it was a superb car on those and grip was immense in dry and wet, it was only on freezing wet days you had to be careful but at the same point the communication from the AD08 was good, so it was still fun even at low speeds in low grip situations. :)

Thanks Gibbo. Although it will take me a bit longer to get one exactly how I want (manual and white) I think it would be worth the wait.

Soldato

Muffin` does not matter look at weight :)
-Ad- I had it in hand before and i love it. Thats why i was looking for one but not paying 60 pounds for gear knob lolz
Remember I am on 14k a year wage. Leaves me with peanuts after bills and car insurance :/
I hate OEM one cause its cold in winter hot in summer and heavy as ****.
With this one i wont be driving with gloves on all the time maybe :D[/QUOTE]

You must have a funny angular hand :p:p

Meh weight saving isn't much, just go for a pee or **** before a drive to save the same amount :D

I got rid of the cast mani which saved about 17Kg, then pulled all the rear sound deadening out which was another 5Kg.

Permabanned
-Ad- i got hands after my mum. Very small..... womens hands i would say.
And if it goes for weight saving on 1/1/2013 i was 87kg running and healthy diet :
602723_705256736156850_1414507064_n.jpg

Boom. Carbon bonnet would not save me that much

Soldato
Haha, loving all these photos. I've got 25kg to carry around over you... Lies!!!!!! :p

Also............. I've really dodged one this weekend. See the below from my 'meh do the MOT today rather than next week' results today, points 003 and 004!!!!

Bear in mind that I'm doing 500miles of Motorway and 400miles of quick Scottish Highland driving over the next next 4 days :eek::eek::eek:

yuxl.jpg

Permabanned
-Ad- ye got ****** 6x9 speakers out of rear. Reduced my sub to light weight 7 inch one 3kg one :) maybe 120rms but does the job. Ripped out standard driver seat belt out thats another 1kg :p

**** your suspension needs sorting by looks of it. Upgrades incoming ??

Soldato
Rybo he will show you some maths as to how his car is still lighter than standard even with the sub as he has saved so much weight elsewhere! A proper type r should not have cruise control or climate control 'because race car' but an additional subwoofer is fine! ;)

Soldato
INSECURE! WTF?

'Bolts were loose', on both sides :eek:

**** your suspension needs sorting by looks of it. Upgrades incoming ??

I sorted it 18months ago with a full overhual, everything was sprayed, everything replaced from track roads, to ball joints, SPC camber arms, superflex bushes, coilovers, new CL pads, braided lines, discs etc and full FRSU.

It seems things have come loose. No matter, thank god they found that out before I set off tomorrow. Will be in work early tomorrow around 0630 to get under the car and torque every single bolt up :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
Rybo89 ofc you need one with N1.... I cant hear tyres screaming around track its so loud LOL
1091062_705511266131397_539086542_o.jpg

Fits like a glove. Drives awesome like having short shifter now.... Maybe i should get short shifter to hmmmm

-Ad- ye just stupid when u had it all done :/

Soldato
Someone buy Ad some threadlock! :D

Good it was discovered by the garage though, hopefully a straightforward fix and then back to some proper hooning :cool:

Most have copper slip on :D

Yup, a big 'phew' from me. Simple fix climbing around under her tomorrow, otherwise all ready to go go go go go!

Soldato
One does not simply, just use a whole tub of copper grease on suspension components :p

But it was like well predddy, like bronzy smooth peanut butter :(:p

All fixed this morning, luckily the garage had chalked up the 2 offending bolts. It was just one bolt on each side (~69Nm) that was 1of2 bolts that clamped the 2 halves of the LCA together.

On the plus side, every other bolt on the various suspension arms and ARBs were all still at the correct torque, even after not checking them for a long time and driving over plenty of crazy highland roads ;)

Love this car, soo easy to fix with a spade full of copper grease, a hammer and some ratchet sockets :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom