What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
well my b18 was trashed around japanese tracks then some Pakistan guy had it for 3 years. Not sure if he even changed oil at all since it had Japanese bamboo bits in air filter box and filter was dirty as hell when i got it :p

Anyhow what would u say for my cooling system. Upgraded race size radiator :) Remember Honda is using cooling system to cool engine oil to So if You upgrade cooling system oil cooling gets better. I mix Motul inugel 50/50 that puts it at boiling point around 130c :)
36408_140848389264357_5224354_n.jpg

After 40 minute session around Donington maximum oil temperature was 105c and coolant from engine outlet 110c with no messing about with heater or anything.
Gotta love Defi dials :D

And if it goes for 10w60 its same consistence as Motul 5100 that i was using before it.
And tbh from 1500 miles this car does a year around 1000 is on vtec or near it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I think 60 is good for an engine that's used hard. Mine running 5w40 suffers with really bad lifter noise after a session on track then parking. The 60 will retain better viscosity at the high temperatures, that's my understanding anyway.

40s, in fact all, oils will vary in viscosity, which 40 do you use?

Soldato
Was Fuchs titan, now got some Petronas stuff. Not sure I understand your point though, what is the point in an SEA rating if they aren't the same viscosity?

Permabanned
Engine oil is infinite chat discussion :)
I am ok since i got Oil temperature and pressure gauges with warnings set up.

Today i listed my gear knob on ebay. Its 17 years ond looks like new gotta love Titanium :)
$T2eC16JHJGEFFm0Z(Mk8BR9s3FLMuw~~60_58.JPG

Got original Spoon Sports incoming that I got at a very good price :)

Soldato
Feels horrible leaving the car at the garage and having to get a bus to work with the plebillians :(

I also noticed a number of purple colour watery splodges on the roof and bonnet this morning. **** you seagulls I only washed it last night!!!

Got original Spoon Sports incoming that I got at a very good price :)

So you're selling the stunning and free Titanium OEM knob for some crappy Spoon POS........... Doing it wrong!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Last edited:
Soldato
So far I have spent over an hour getting the alternator and power steering belts off :o

Now I've retreated in doors as it is chucking it down. Good job I've got a month to work on my car, at this rate I'm going to need it :p

Caporegime
I think 60 is good for an engine that's used hard. Mine running 5w40 suffers with really bad lifter noise after a session on track then parking. The 60 will retain better viscosity at the high temperatures, that's my understanding anyway.

And get hotter.

the numbers are the veneer of oil performance. There is a massive range within the same grade

Soldato
Gave the interior a hoover. Looks as though I'll need to remove the seats at some point to get at the rubbish and bits of tree etc under there.

Postie turned up while is was doing that with my boot carpet I'd bought on ebay. So fitted that to replace the previous one that become oil soaked underneath.

Soldato
Today I went to buy the insurance quote I got a few days ago. £330 was the price I got quoted. Logged on, to see all my quotes were now withdrawn, and when I recalculated the price using exactly the same options, it had gone up by over £100. Annoyed to say the least!

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Went to Toyota to get some service parts for my MR2. Don't think I'll ever bother with ECP etc ever again. Bloke was as friendly as you like and hinted that if I bought spark plugs I would get the oil free as some sort of service pack offer they were doing for older cars. He then put me on a local taxi firms account and knocked another 25% off for no reason at all. :confused:

Genuine oil filter & sump washer
Genuine air filter
Genuine denso spark plugs
5L Toyota branded 5w30 fully synthetic oil

All for £28, very happy :)

Back
Top Bottom