Top Gear (Series 20) Returns Sunday 30th June 2013

Soldato
Great series so far IMO.

As for the Singer... when I win the Euromillions triple roll over I'll be flying over to California to get my one specified. It is all Housey's fault. Ever since he first showed it on here no other car has had so much want attached to it.

Oh and ACTORS?!?!?! Next you'll be telling me that Coronation Street isn't a documentary of how 'it's grim up north".

Man of Honour
Soldato
Great episode last night. That Lambo was amazing and I liked the Singer as well.

As for the actors bit, who cares? Seriously if you thought they weren't actors you must be stupid.

Caporegime
I watched Taken a while ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out that Liam Neeson isn't really a retired agent who did things of dubious morality for a USA intelligence service and he didn't go to Paris to kill bad people and rescue his daughter! It was all fake. Shocking!

IdkLMUz.gif

Soldato
another enjoyable episode :D that Lambo looked bonkers!

Steven Tyler was good, not the best lap but still looked like he enjoyed himself :D He looked a bit offended though when Jeremy said they should have got his daughter on instead, either because insulting his driving ability or Jeremy perving on her :p

Caravaning was great... first test... J turn xD haha! Think it's needless to say that James didn't stay over night :p

One thing I have started to notice more is how they are increasing how much they reference their age/implying they are close to past it. Almost as if "We're old but still driving bonkers...look and laugh at/with us". The odd joke is funny but I felt they played it up a few times in a short space and just seemed not as funny to me :p

but oh well ay, can't please everyone xD still cracking series and can't wait for next episode. :D

Soldato
I'm starting to find the sound effects and camera work that once made top gear cool quite annoying.

It's very good camera work and editing, but I think the random appearances of various aircraft is getting a bit odd? I'm sure this week there was a brief appearance by a Chinook on the Porsche item, but I can't remember it featuring heavily?

Oh, and this episode has provided my new sig :D

Man of Honour
another enjoyable episode :D that Lambo looked bonkers!

I think they understand an important point about their potential customers and their brand image - a Lamborghini should to some extent remind you of being 10 years old and daydreaming about flying your own spaceship. There's something of that in any supercar that isn't completely track-focused, but it's particularly so for Lamborghini.

Man of Honour
I'm starting to find the sound effects and camera work that once made top gear cool quite annoying.

I've found them annoying since they started doing them. Jarring cuts, brief flashes of irrelevant things (or just brief flashes) and worst of all, the most annoying visual effect ever to become popular for no reason - splodges of deliberately bad quality video. Yes, I know that in the early days of projected film there were many flaws in the image - graininess, jumpiness, fuzziness. Why pretend that's still true?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They also love a bit of shakey cam. Not so much with the gel filters on the lenses anymore though.

Back
Top Bottom