Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Spurs should snap their hand off now for that, should give them time to strengthen in other areas if need be and I'm sure they have targets they are looking at. Dump a fair portion of it in the bank and it's a tidy sum towards a stadium.

Would it be £80 million pure profit on Bale? I'm pretty sure they bought him for £5m.

They would also be wise to whack in a buy back clause as well or at least a first option similar to the Arsenal/Fabregas clause, if he doesn't settle or has a bad run of form and they start calling for his head he's straight back, cut price.

Soldato
I reckon I might have sussed it. Neither Fabregas or Barca want to part ways but United are just being sneaky. Fabregas is wondering why United keep making new offers if the club have said "absolutely not" and the club is wondering why United keep coming back if Cesc has given no indication he wants to leave.

Both parties are going to think the other one doesn't want them to stay and we get Fabregas for a snip at £36m. Deal.

you wish.

36m?

no chance. 45/50m maybe.

Soldato
Isn't that what happened with Modric?

indeed. RM diddnt break the bank for modric. wasnt he bought for around 30m only when previous season he was worth more?

Just shows that Spurs wont get a higher bid then 80-100m in a years time. Especially if Bale really wants to leave. If he does he probably wont be fully commited to spurs thust wont be firing next season which will reduce his value

Soldato
Would it be £80 million pure profit on Bale? I'm pretty sure they bought him for £5m.

we paid £5m upfront on the premise of installments that we settled early on as southampton were in the red. i believe we paid about £6.5-£7m in total though i read somewhere southampton have a 2% sell-on clause so they would benefit too.

lol real reject? haha what a load of ****** from Levy.

it's called negotiation. real are obviously serious about getting him. if levy shows interest (though he obviously is) this works in real's favour and turns bale's head even more. real speak to bale, understand he is up for a move and will push for one, giving real a massive ace card.

levy is in win win. either keeps bale on a new contract (if he has another great season his price wont go down) and will have more bargaining power through a longer contract.

if he gets more cash or a player or two out of real too. it's a staggering deal.

Isn't that what happened with Modric?

not really. we just didn't want to sell to another pl club.

Permabanned
we paid £5m upfront on the premise of installments that we settled early on as southampton were in the red. i believe we paid about £6.5-£7m in total though i read somewhere southampton have a 2% sell-on clause so they would benefit too.

Ah, I thought it was just the 5, either way that's some profit on a Welsh kid.

Soldato
indeed. RM diddnt break the bank for modric. wasnt he bought for around 30m only when previous season he was worth more?

Chelsea offered 50 million, following season he went to RM for 25million (played like crap that season too)

not really. we just didn't want to sell to another pl club.

Yeah, i can see how selling him for 50% less was a cracking deal.

Soldato
I'm a Spurs fan, and even though I love Bale, we would be insane not to accept £85mil for him.

I mean, if he picks up an injury that puts him out for a couple of months, who the hell have we got to replace him? Nobody with anywhere near that amount of talent. I think we are better off selling now for that price, and buying 3-4 decent, proven players that will help us get CL. Teams need a solid 1st team of players to even get close to CL football, and at the moment, we are lacking in quite a few areas.

That said, if we do manage to keep hold of him, that would no doubt attract a better caliber of players to Spurs than we could without Bale here. It's just a question of stumping up the cash to get these players. Maybe selling a few of our 13 midfielders would be a good start.

Soldato
Moyes still thinks he's at everton. Anything less than £50m might as well be £5.

Hopefully he wastes all his time chasing fabregas shadows and then panic buys a puffy haired everton player ;)

Dont the Glazers have to pay about £50-60 million a year in interest frim the original loan they got to buy United. That is probably money that would have been spent on transfers.

Yep think so...

that's why he is like at everton. in the scheme of things. not much money as the glazers have it all. still more than we have though

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;24691995 said:
I'm a Spurs fan, and even though I love Bale, we would be insane not to accept £85mil for him.

I mean, if he picks up an injury that puts him out for a couple of months, who the hell have we got to replace him? Nobody with anywhere near that amount of talent. I think we are better off selling now for that price, and buying 3-4 decent, proven players that will help us get CL. Teams need a solid 1st team of players to even get close to CL football, and at the moment, we are lacking in quite a few areas.

That said, if we do manage to keep hold of him, that would no doubt attract a better caliber of players to Spurs than we could without Bale here. It's just a question of stumping up the cash to get these players. Maybe selling a few of our 13 midfielders would be a good start.

i agree for this kind of cash, he needs to go. i can't deal with it tbh not with soldado deal being strung out. cash in, wish him the best let's get on with things. we've dug out gems before in berba, modric and now bale, we can do it again. even without him, we have a decent team and it'll bring others to the forefront.

there's some options out there we could maybe bring in with the cash we have i'd love lamela from roma was only 21 this year and i'm sure baldini may have him on his radar but we need to be quick now.

Soldato
I reckon I might have sussed it. Neither Fabregas or Barca want to part ways but United are just being sneaky. Fabregas is wondering why United keep making new offers if the club have said "absolutely not" and the club is wondering why United keep coming back if Cesc has given no indication he wants to leave.

Both parties are going to think the other one doesn't want them to stay and we get Fabregas for a snip at £36m. Deal.

Fabregas will likely leave next summer, Man Utd probably just registering interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom