Who owns a 350z/370z?

Soldato
I haven't yet, but mine is just starting to blow a little so I am planning on it very soon.

I really would like the Nismo one as it seems to have a really nice sound but still not fully decided as the Nismo one is £££

Yes nismo would be great but it is a lot of money, Im happy to remain as close to the stock exhaust as possible

Associate
While the original response wasn't brilliantly phrased I am very very surprised by the MPG claim, especially if that is at rush hour & therefore repeatedly start stop. I drive around 80 miles a day for my commute at the moment & have measured the mpg with an app rather than the generous onboard computer and I get at most 24mpg never going above 3k revs. The onboard pc says 28.6 mpg for that.

Is the mpg you are quoting based on the car's pc or an external calculation as my journey is almost as mpg friendly as you can get but I don't get near the mpg you have mentioned while driving sensibly. (and certainly not when driving like a loon :p)

Currently the onboard computer is reading 27.7mpg since weve owned it and I also use road trip (external app) which over the same time frame is telling me 26.9mpg :). TBH the A6 is a pretty clear run once youre out of town even at peak times. The car does very little town driving the Mrs uses it for that and we often take it on long trips for obvious reasons where given a decent piece of road some loon-acy has been known to happen. But on a motorway run it happily returns about 30mpg with cruise on.

Since weve owned ours weve had a fair bit of work done on it, despite the fact its actually pretty sound - drop links and compression bushes (luckily caught this before the arms went) and worst of all gearbox rebuild when 5th gear syncro died, tbh you shouldn't be looking to buy one of these if you cant afford to have it randomly drop a large bill on you. Its an 8-10 year old sports car, despite its reliability you have to have your eyes open.

Hawker

Last edited:
Soldato
Still miss mine but just not practical enough as a main car but I cant believe how cheap they are getting now could be a great weekend car to get soon :) I remember buying mine back in 2006 it was about 15 months old and paid about 18.5k for it 9 months later sold it for 18.2k shame the same cant be said for other cars I bought :)

Associate
Can anyone who owns one of these comment on how good the sat nav is that comes built in?

I find it to be fairly decent. My 350z is a 2006 model, I'm not sure if there are different versions of sat nav. I acquired a 2012 DVD so it's not outdated. Don't use it a huge amount but it was a big help travelling round Europe last year.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Am going to testdrive a a 350z at a local dealer very soon :) Decided to wait till I hit 22 in october and insurance drops by about £300 to decide on any buys though

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Test driving a 53 plate, one owner from new blue UK GT. It's a bit pricey but if I like it and can knock them down a bit I will be tempted :)

Soldato
I haven't yet, but mine is just starting to blow a little so I am planning on it very soon.

I really would like the Nismo one as it seems to have a really nice sound but still not fully decided as the Nismo one is £££

The Cobra is much louder than stock. My Invidia dual exhaust is pretty subtle.

Just thought i would update - the cobra is in now, admittedly haven't driven it much, but it does sound immense; the zed has always been a head turner, now everybody stares at it even at low revs. it does have a little drone at 2k rpm but when you give it the beans it sounds amazing! All in all great mod for a decent price!

Back
Top Bottom